Votes: 31 70.5%
  • "know it alls"

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • helpful

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, not all of us are native English speakers, so please forgive us the spelling mistakes
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Your English is way better than my Polish ... both spoken and written.

Know what you call a person who speaks multiple languages?

Multilingual ...

A person who speaks two languages?

Bilingual ...

A person who speaks only one language?

American ... and most of them can't spell worth a damn either ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A person who speaks only one language?

American ... and most of them can't spell worth a damn either ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey, I'm an American and I speak three languages . . . and I can't spell worth a damn in any of them, so there! :scorned:
Cannot speak 'em, worth a damn, either!

:rofl4: Happy New Year!!!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm an American and I speak three languages . . . and I can't spell worth a damn in any of them, so there! :scorned:

:rofl4: Happy New Year!!!

When I was taking Spanish, I alway thought that if I could just learn to speak it and not have to worry about writing and spelling it, I'd do better. As I've mentioned I have difficulty spelling when writing in my native language!

During the time I was learning to read and write I remember teaching 'phonics' was not the 'thing'. I've always wondered if that has had a role in my spelling (or lack of). Thankfully, I can recognize my weakness here and have never hesitated to grab a dictionary. Now with spell-check and dictionary.com I'm set!

When I was taking Spanish, I alway thought that if I could just learn to speak it and not have to worry about writing and spelling it, I'd do better. As I've mentioned I have difficulty spelling when writing in my native language!

During the time I was learning to read and write I remember teaching 'phonics' was not the 'thing'. I've always wondered if that has had a role in my spelling (or lack of). Thankfully, I can recognize my weakness here and have never hesitated to grab a dictionary. Now with spell-check and dictionary.com I'm set!

I am in awe of anyone who can converse in more than one language or spell in any language .... :rofl3: read my sig lines

I can misunderstand or be misunderstood in my one language... amazes me how the Mods and posters do such an incredible job ....

......dictionary.com..............

Some of us use that site to determine the meaning of all those huge words that get thrown around here.....I mean who really knows that many three syllable words :D.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I have been known to toss around a few sesquipedalians for fun and profit. My aim is to make you think and perchance to learn.

I think that for the most part; the mods do a great job. Except for that NetDoc guy. :rofl3:

Geee, thanks guys for the spelling support
:D :D :D

(I can more or less speak what - 5 languages or so. Some better some worse but still can manage in all of them shopping, food and taxis).
Still I promise to check my spelling and make it better.

Yep, the extent of my Spanish is; how to order another drink, how much an item costs, how to get to the bathroom, how to get back to where I'm staying, the polite terms, and the curse words. I've always thought that if I have a lipstick, a $50, and a credit card I can do about anything. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom