Point Lobos - March 1, 2009 - Photos and Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What a lovely time I had diving with Michelle, Ben (biz_nate) & Mark on Sunday (3/1/09) at Point Lobos. Arriving we were surrounded by other familiar faces - Team Kitty, Dannobee, Dave, Heather, Doc and some other divers. Conditions were gorgeous, and the cove looked like a lake. Stunning.

Our first dive was out to try and find Hole in the Wall, which we overshot and ended up at Lone Metridium. Viz was about 30-45'. Our second dive was out across the Cove to the Caves which were not disappointing in the slightest. I would estimate viz to be about 40-50' and the site was just littered with nudis, anemone, stars, sponges and ... well, just about everything. On the way back, I came across what appeared to be a dead lingcod on the bottom. Swimming up to it, I put the camera on video. I didn't zoom or anything, and the lingcod (which was actually alive), let me swim right up on top of him, video-ing him amazingly close. But not just once, twice - before s/he got irritated and swam off. Hope you all enjoy the video and the photos. :)

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofHI7WvpoM

Photos:

IMG_8974.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_89541.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

Exercising Vermillion:
IMG_9015.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8944.JPG

IMG_8935.JPG

It was wonderful to have my camera back. 1st dive I had to restrain myself from taking the new housing in with the camera but I was happy with its performance on the 2nd dive. All photos posted without any photoshop or alteration.

Great pics and vid! It's rare to see such good conditions, I'm glad you guys had reservations for the weekend. Seems like the weather is picking up over the week, huh? Hopefully it'll be calm down by Saturday.

My buddy and I were at MacAbee yesterday; way less kelp, but about 400% more harbor seals :) I've got a vid uploading right now...

Great video and pics. Looks like the vis was pretty good around the point too. We were in the bay and the vis was outstanding (by Monterey's standards). Just hope it keeps up.

beautiful, thanks for a glimpse into the local water -- soon first cold water dive ;-)

Great pics and vid! It's rare to see such good conditions, I'm glad you guys had reservations for the weekend. Seems like the weather is picking up over the week, huh? Hopefully it'll be calm down by Saturday.

My buddy and I were at MacAbee yesterday; way less kelp, but about 400% more harbor seals :) I've got a vid uploading right now...

I was so glad to be out there as well on such a nice day, at least conditions-wise. I would have loved some sunshine, but I will settle for rain if the conditions are good!!

Great video and pics. Looks like the vis was pretty good around the point too. We were in the bay and the vis was outstanding (by Monterey's standards). Just hope it keeps up.
thanks!

Sarah - What camera are you using?
I use a little Canon A710 in an ikelite housing. No strobes at this point, just the onboard flash.

Very Very Nice pictures Sarah!
Thanks Jim! :)

beautiful, thanks for a glimpse into the local water -- soon first cold water dive ;-)

Kathy - When are you doing that?

Again...great pics and video Sarah. I really like that kelp shot! What a great day of diving!!! I can't wait for the next one. :D

Here are my pics from the day.
Point Lobos 3-1-09 - a set on Flickr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom