Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
PNG Walindi Plantation
February 16, 2022
Borders Now Open!

1645015317621.jpeg

We are now booking all our offerings in PNG including Walindi Plantation, and the liveaboards MV FeBrina and MV Oceania. Contact us for availability and pricing.

PNG is now OPEN to international tourism!​

Those are words we have been longing to say for two long years. As of today, the 16th of February, PNG has relaxed its border rules to allow tourists back into the country provided travelers meet the following conditions.
For international travel into PNG:
1. All persons must be fully vaccinated to travel to PNG. A person is considered fully vaccinated if they have had the recommended number of doses for an approved vaccine within the past 6 months.
2. All persons traveling to PNG must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to their original port of departure.
3. Complete a PNG Health declaration form online.
4. All people arriving into PNG will be tested again for COVID-19 upon arrival at Port Moresby International Airport (RATs);
5. There shall be no quarantine for any person, except for persons who test positive on arrival who shall be quarantined for 7 days in an approved hotel and at traveler’s own cost.
For the full details of the directives from the pandemic controller visit here:
PNG International Travel Measures 16 Feb 2022

1645015843839.jpeg
1645015876209.jpeg

That's the first time I've seen a "within six months" on a vaccination requirement. Might be a problem for people like me who were boosted early.

As you probably know, the requirements change maybe weekly for some countries and the same will probably apply to PNG as they open up and start to get visitors. My first shot is now a year old and my booster is 5 months old. There are probably a lot of people in the same situation. I'd just get another booster. The shots are no big deal for me.

As you probably know, the requirements change maybe weekly for some countries and the same will probably apply to PNG as they open up and start to get visitors. My first shot is now a year old and my booster is 5 months old. There are probably a lot of people in the same situation. I'd just get another booster. The shots are no big deal for me.
Its not clear to me that where I live in Canada I can just go get another shot. But as you say, requirements are very fluid at this point. Availability of vaccines is probably subject to change as well.

Another source of info re PNG entrty requirements:

Still current at:19 April 2022
Updated:16 April 2022
Latest update: If you're not a PNG citizen, you'll only be allowed to enter if you're fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and hold a valid PNG visa. From 18 April, if arriving by air, you’ll be required to undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on arrival in PNG (fees may apply). There is no pre-departure testing requirement if arriving by sea. If you test positive when you arrive in PNG you may be required to quarantine. You may be able to apply for a medical exemption if you’ve recently recovered from COVID-19 and have a medical certificate from your doctor. There is widespread community transmission of COVID-19 in PNG. COVID-19 is a serious health risk and is impacting the capacity of local health services. Follow the advice of local authorities and minimise your risk of infection.

Latest update:
Still current at:
24 June 2022
Updated: 06 May 2022
Latest update: If you're not a PNG citizen, you'll only be allowed to enter if you're fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid PNG visa.
Passengers arriving from Australia no longer need a COVID-19 (RAT) test on arrival in PNG.
COVID-19 is widespread in PNG. COVID-19 is a serious health risk and impacts the capacity of local health services.
Follow the advice of local authorities and minimise your risk of infection

Visa On Arrival (VOA) is still suspended, therefore you must have valid PNG Visa prior to Travel Date:
https://evisa.ica.gov.pg/evisa/account/Apply
You need to apply for a Easy Visitor Visa (30 Day) and submit Covid vaccination status along with a letter of support from the dive operator confirming your booking and travel dates.

Back
Top Bottom