Please keep Denisegg's family in your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been thinking about you, your family and Zach wondering how things are going. I will continue to keep him in my prayers!

Thanks for the update, Denise. You, Zach, and the rest of the family remain in our prayers.

Today makes 4 weeks. Zach's turn around was literally when they turned him around "on his tummy". The problem now is when they turned him on his back in order to stabilize him for the trach his stats started declining again. After a day and a half, they had to turn him on his tummy again. As of today, his peep is at 10% (15% is the max and 5% is normal lung operation) and his 02 through the respirator is down to 40% and his 02 blood saturation is in the 90's. This is what the doctor wanted him to be at to do the trach but he needs to be on his back. This is the second time his stats declined when moving him onto his back. We await the third try within the next few days. The doctors believe he will do much better with the trach. They have even begun to think about trying it while he is on his tummy. We will see what the next few days bring.
Thanks everyone for your continued prayers.

Thank you so much for letting us know. Do they know why Zach goes into distress on his back?

Our prayer chains continue.

To be honest Jax, the doctor doesn't even know how he is still alive. So to answer your question, no he doesn't know, but he isn't telling my daugther that she will be going home without him anymore either.
We live by faith, not by sight.

continued prayers..

X many more! :praying:

How have I missed this thread????
Joining you in prayer for little Zach; passing the word to our prayer warriors here.
Prayer lamp lit, bright & steady.
Love,
Rick

Today was very very hard. He has been doing so well. The pneumonia has almost cleared and they had him down to 40% 02 and 6% peep when he coded at 4:50 pm. They were able to revive him. He had had nothing wrong with his heart the whole time. The doctors started running tests and the echo cardiogram is normal. As of 10:00 pm, the cardiologist has no idea what happened. They said his heart was fine up until it stopped and now it is fine again. We are in shock.
They were to do the trach in the morning. We have no idea what tomorrow will bring now. Thank you for your continued prayers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom