Please help to identify this object

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK are you ready? I know what it is. It is one of the first dive scooters made for for divers.

This strap system was invented by Steve Zissou. You take the two front straps and wrap them around your research animals (dolphin or turtle). Then 3 of the divers clip the straps around their necks. The 4th diver connects the small loop to their BC so they can have a clear view above the other divers and hands free to film.

It also has basic underwater communication built in. A little tug and you get the other divers attention. In an out of air emergency, you can use the strap to choke the diver in front of you so you can steal his regulator.

I was told they use them in Hedonism now for a fun sandwich type of nude bondage dive, but they only use them in black not the yellow you have. They are also used in the new extreme underwater sport Dogfish Sled racing.

These are very rare and highly valueable, I think the average price is about $2.89 USD

I'd buy that for a dollar. Let me know.

It is a device that lets you pull yourself up out of the water by your own bootstraps.

Ok, I am gonna try to revive this thread from the dead!

I really wanna know what the heck it is!!!!

It looks like something a down line supply used in commercial diving. Sometimes we need to have different tools and welding rod in small bags. This would suspend the tools, explosives, and welding rod at different depths. This allows the diver to select whatever He needs to complete the job/mission. Very handy I thinK! Bill

"They ordered it specially for a customer, but the customer didn't buy it at last."

This statement leads me to beleive that somebody from the DIY forum had it made for a GREAT idea he had untill he told his wife about it.

The rest............well........ we all know...............SHE WON!

It is used to bind several cylinders together, so they don't roll around on the deck of a boat, or in the back of a pickup truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom