Please help to identify this object

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emmie:
@Mo2vation
The owner's buddy is a very curious person. He saw "the thing" for sale for only a couple of euros, wondering what is was used for. And really, the salesperson couldn't remember why the customer ordered it for. It was too long ago........
So the owner of "the thing" is now trying to find out. Normally he is very inventive, but with this "thing" he has absolutely no idea.

@paintsnow
Please take a look at these pictures:
klemmenlint1.jpg

klemmenlint2.jpg

A Ladder?

A person can't stand on a Fastex buckle. They won't support the weight of most weight pockets, let alone a person.

A jon line for you and 7 of your VERY close friends?

Portable Cat furniture?

A later night infomercial fitness flambus. Use this and you'll lose 40 pounds in 40 days (results not typical...)

A pickle picker? (I just wanted to say pickle at 6:55 in the AM)

---
Ken

I have a thought. I was looking at the photo where the item is hanging in a garage. Turn it inside out so that the two ends still create 2 circles but all the other clips point outwards. If a diver wanted a way to carry stuff with him, he could hook his arms through the ends and pull those loops up to the shoulders, then slide the rest of the harness down his back, perhaps around the sides of his tank and the end would wrap under the bottom of the tank. So then there would be 6 available clips to put random stuff (on lanyards) that you could carry underwater with you without it getting in the way.
Not that I'd want to do that, but some people carry lots of stuff underwater with them.

But the 6 available clips would be a combination of male and female, so using them for six random things don't make sense. Even though I'm hesitant to disagree with someone that likes rum enough to mention it in their profile. :wink: The clips clearly go together as shown in the last pictures.

The size of the three "holes" created by clipping it together that way seem to be very close to the size of a tank. I'm thinking that it is a device used to hold three tanks together for transport, laying down in a trunk or truck bed. But those clips have very little holding power, so it's a questionable design.

Looks like tank strapping.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was used to strap tanks together in the back of your car so they don't roll around.

R..
P.S. I see now that someone already said this but that it was rejected because the loops were too short.

Don't forget that the 10litre tanks common in Europe are smaller than AL80's.

R..

Diver0001:
Looks like tank strapping.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was used to strap tanks together in the back of your car so they don't roll around.

R..
P.S. I see now that someone already said this but that it was rejected because the loops were too short.

Don't forget that the 10litre tanks common in Europe are smaller than AL80's.

R..

But still the 10 liter tanks in Europe are too big for this "thing".
He tried it with different kind of tanks, but they didn't fit.

But the hose carrier isn't a strange idea.......
Ok, this one is without padded shoulder straps.
But the rest make sense.

Hogarthian harness for a pregnant woman with a slight limp on her left side, and a brother-in-law obsessed with twinkies and old Sea Hunt movies, who recently moved in with her and her now estranged husband, who decided to run away with the local Dive Op's daughter to start a Nancy's Nut Shop next to the Starbucks in the Kroger where the pregnant woman shops...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom