Please help to identify this object

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, all of the female clips are on the same side EXCEPT FOR ONE - the one that is closest to the bottom.

And assuming that those are "normal" sized clips, then those look to be two foot tiles, so the clips are about a foot apart. So it's not a belt.

I say it's something to do with holding tanks, and the buyer didn't buy it because one of the clips was screwed up.

Maybe it is an extender for your BCD cummerbund quick release.

Maybe it lets you link your BCD to a bunch of your friend's BCDs... sort of an underwater Conga or Hokey Pokey line??

It seems like the two clips on each end mate to form loops. If the thing is folded in two, the remaining four sets of clips would match pretty well. I can't think of how this could be useful.

HappyFunBoater:
The two clips on the ends are both male. I suppose they could mate, but only in certain blue states.
I'm sorry, by "the two clips on the end", I had intended to say the clip on the end, and the clip adjacent to it... on each of the two ends.

Maybe it is a hanger for a whole bunch of fins equipped with quick-releases?

fin keeper for scuba-spider

Mo2vation:
I wanna hire the salesperson. The guy is a regular Og Mandino.

Dude sold this thing to someone without explaining what it does, what its for or how to use it.

Friggen genius. Who is this Zig Ziglar?

Now the owner's buddy is posting a shout out on internet boards in several countries, attempting to secure a name, purpose and intention of the device.

Have I got that right?

I want to hire the PT Barnum that sold this thing.

:D
hey, but what a discount!

DIW Webbing for BP/W?

@Mo2vation
The owner's buddy is a very curious person. He saw "the thing" for sale for only a couple of euros, wondering what is was used for. And really, the salesperson couldn't remember why the customer ordered it for. It was too long ago........
So the owner of "the thing" is now trying to find out. Normally he is very inventive, but with this "thing" he has absolutely no idea.

@paintsnow
Please take a look at these pictures:
klemmenlint1.jpg

klemmenlint2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom