Please Help! Should he fly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay:
LoL Dandy Ive noticed you have a "peeve" when it comes to incomplete profiles! You know there's a cream for that (=
It's a good suggestion for anyone who wants to post here. For anyone who libels me, damn right.

I've loaded other divers in ambulances, searched a spring fed hole for a missing one, bailed out a few OOA divers, and treated two for coral stings last week. I have made mistakes and tried to learn from them. I have never been one to "flirt with DCS" tho - trying my best to stay hydrated and exit the water only in the green zone, among other things - and try to set good examples as well as discussions.

he was teasing

:wink:

tapping foot....are we still on hold?

hmm..

well, we could all have a beer while we wait---after all it is Saturday night!

DandyDon:
Ha - Ha - Ha

I have called DAN a few times for various reasons, from hay fever meds, to ask about friends, to my DVT. Never called them for that on myself, but would not hesitate.

Are you a diver? Got any Certs? DAN member? Perhaps you'd be so kind as to complete your profile. :shakehead
Easy Don, just joking with you--no malice intended (hence the :wink: ). My profile was purged in one of the recent server upgrades--I'll be certain to put it on my to-do list though. I sure hope it'll measure up.:wink:

Hello, everyone. Sorry for not posting last night, I had a long day at work and decided to go to bed after I called DAN again. I felt like I had called a different phone number than before - They were so helpful and nice to me this time. I was transferred to Dr. Daniel Nord, and he was very helpful. After I told him of the symptoms and the rest of the information, he said that my fiancee could fly out, because it sounded like the worst of it was probably over. He just needs to drink a lot a fluids, because he may be dehydrated. And, unless the symptoms get worse, he will not need to go to a chamber. Dr. Nord said that he should be fine.

I believe everything is ok now - My fiancee called this morning, and has landed safely. He feels ok - still a hint of numbness, but it continues to subside as time goes on. He said he had no problems or pains during the flight.

I am so glad everyone here urged me to try again. They seemed so willing to help this time around that I don't know why I got the response I did the first time I called. It was probably a misunderstanding, because the difference in responses was night and day...

Thank you all so much! If it weren't for you, I would not have tried calling DAN again. And thank you, DandyDon, for looking into it personally - that was so very kind of you. I am so grateful for all of the support I found here from all of you. I just couldn't thank all of you enough!

Maria

Oh yvw, Maria - no big deal on my part. I just knew from my experiences that DAN would consult regardless. Glad you had a food experience this time, and glad about the doc's advice.

Hope you'll continue as a member here, and certainly hope you'll take care of the DAN insurance for both of you.

best wishes...!

Johnny, I just test dialed these numbers, curious as to how Maria might have got a bad call. Your numbers are right off their site, yet not totally accurate...
johnny_bravo:
Call Divers Alert Network immediately they will help you!

Reach DAN by Phone:

* Diving Emergencies (Remember: Call local EMS first, then DAN!)
1-919-684-8111 Good
1-919-684-4DAN (collect) This one is not a working number...! It is on their web site, and I will report this to them.
1-800-446-2671 (toll-free) Good
+1-919-684-9111 (Latin America Hotline)This is the Travel Assist number

Hope he recovers fully.

-J.-

Thanks for the follow-up DD. I just checked my DAN card and they have a different set of phone numbers:

Diving Emergencies: 1-919-684-4DAN
Dan America: 1-919-684-4326

Would be nice to know which numbers to call!

-J.-

johnny_bravo:
Thanks for the follow-up DD. I just checked my DAN card and they have a different set of phone numbers:

Diving Emergencies: 1-919-684-4DAN
Dan America: 1-919-684-4326

Would be nice to know which numbers to call!

-J.-
Yeah, my card has the same bad number as the site: 919-684-4DAN/4326. I sent an email about this, and will try to remember to call. Since the number is on our cards, and we may not be conscious when someone else needs to call for us, we need the number forwarded to the right place at least.

I test my dive equipment, and I test my phone numbers. :D

Back
Top Bottom