Please Help Me Get Certified!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:banghead:
I am having a heck of a time getting certified up here :furious: and was wondering where & when I might be able to do it in southern Florida (hurricanes allowing) the end of July or first 2 weeks of August. I can get my referal stuff from the shop I did my classes at with no prob. My mom lives in Cape Coral, so anything around there would be better, tho I don't mind driving if I have to. :D

I have my own BCD, a shorty suit, fins, mask, weights & snorkel. So I would need to know:
1) Where I might be able to do them
2) How much for rentals & dives
3) Time frame for the dives

I don't have alot of cash, but not diving is killing me.:pity_part

Please :help:!!!!

Sent PM.

polerin312:
:banghead:
I am having a heck of a time getting certified up here :furious: and was wondering where & when I might be able to do it in southern Florida (hurricanes allowing) the end of July or first 2 weeks of August. I can get my referal stuff from the shop I did my classes at with no prob. My mom lives in Cape Coral, so anything around there would be better, tho I don't mind driving if I have to. :D

I have my own BCD, a shorty suit, fins, mask, weights & snorkel. So I would need to know:
1) Where I might be able to do them
2) How much for rentals & dives
3) Time frame for the dives

I don't have alot of cash, but not diving is killing me.:pity_part

Please :help:!!!!

CBulla:
Hey Erin - If Joe can't help ya out, give me a PM :)

Hey Colin,

I sent Erin a few links to the local dive shops. I am afraid I wasn't much help due to expense and the wrong kind of shop (PADI, not NAUI). Maybe you can do better than I.

C Ya,
Joe

Hey, girl, this is FLORIDA! There's a dive shop on every corner, two new ones opening up, and two old ones closing every week. :)

I'll bet Joe and Colin have you well covered. Enjoy diving!

DivesWithTurtle:
Hey, girl, this is FLORIDA! There's a dive shop on every corner, two new ones opening up, and two old ones closing every week. :)

I'll bet Joe and Colin have you well covered. Enjoy diving!

Funny you should say that. I was browsing the Internet today and found a new shop about four minutes from my house. I hardly ever go that way so I didn't notice them driving by, but I did this afternoon. Been open about a month.

No classes going yet but they are new.

Joe

I would love to work something out for you but Cape Coral is a bit far. If you find yourself able to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area I'm sure we could work it out.

Hey Erin,

An offer you may want to consider. Fort Lauderdale is a short drive (1.5 to 2hrs depending) and the dives are going to be better. I think this could be a good offer.

Joe

JustJoe:
I sent Erin a few links to the local dive shops. I am afraid I wasn't much help due to expense and the wrong kind of shop (PADI, not NAUI). Maybe you can do better than I.

Is there a reason it needs to be NAUI?

If she's done all her course material and pool sessions, and just needs her cert dives, all she needs is a Universal Referral Form and she can go anywhere (SSI, PADI, NAUI, YMCA, etc) ---- PADI now can accept the URP forms.

Universal Referral Program

As for costs, it's always more expensive for referral... typically start at $180 USD and up from what I've seen.

Canadian_Diver:
Is there a reason it needs to be NAUI?

If she's done all her course material and pool sessions, and just needs her cert dives, all she needs is a Universal Referral Form and she can go anywhere (SSI, PADI, NAUI, YMCA, etc) ---- PADI now can accept the URP forms.

Universal Referral Program

As for costs, it's always more expensive for referral... typically start at $180 USD and up from what I've seen.

Actually, I took my training with PADI. Most of the shops around there are NAUI. But I will see about a universal referral.. & about Ft. Lauderdale. I have a cousin on the east coast, just not sure where.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom