please dun mind this silly question i got... do you put a oring into a din then put a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hellhole

Contributor
Reaction score
hi,

i just got myself a DIN reg and got a adapter to convert to yoke..

reason for din is probably in future will want to go into tech ( okay. that is the end of that discussion :) )

now comes the silly question....please dun mind this silly question i got...

so a din reg has the oring in it.. so, when i use the din-yoke adapter.. do i put the oring in the DIN, then screw on the adapter? silly question?

if that is case then there will be 2 oring when i fix up the system... one on the DIN, and one between the yoke and the tank... duh... any problem with that??

or i can do without the oring in the din?

pardon me... it just occur to me...

No, you will have the o-ring in the DIN portion, that seals to the adapter, and the o-ring in the tank, that seals to the yoke adapter. That doubles the number of o-rings and potential failure points, but it's what you have to do to use a DIN reg on a yoke tank.

The O ring on the DIN reg seals the connection to the adapter. The O ring on tank seals the connection between the tank and the adapter. If that's what you're asking. Every connection needs an O ring to make an air tight seal.

Okay. Got it....

Now close this thread really quick so that I won't be embarrassed! ?!?!

Don't get embarrassed. I can point you to 100 divers that have no clue what a DIN fitting is. I can point you to 1000 divers that couldn't tell you the benefits of a DIN fitting.

you're fine. We were all new once.

There is another option to using an adapter. There should be a kit to turn your 1st stage into a yoke connection, then you don't have to worry about using an adapter. Then when you get DIN tanks you just convert the 1st stage back to DIN.

Just another option for you.

There is another option to using an adapter. There should be a kit to turn your 1st stage into a yoke connection, then you don't have to worry about using an adapter. Then when you get DIN tanks you just convert the 1st stage back to DIN.

Just another option for you.

Yes. I am aware of this kit.
I figured that if I get serious with tech and get another reg. Then I can either get a din then convert the one I have or get a yoke just for the recreational diving.

Btw... about this kit. Is it a quick switch that anyone can do themselves or need some testing to be done b4 it can be used.

Oh oh oh... I saw some info online that u can't convert a din that has more then 5 thread to yoke with the kit? Myth? Or outdated info? Mine is a mk25 din btw

The kit is pretty easy. When I started diving I aquired some DIN tanks, so I ended up with DIN regs. So for vacation I ended up getting the kit and switching connections and when I got back home I would switch back to DIN. It only takes a minute or so to switch between them, just check the orings when you switch over. Only doing it once a year or so was not bad. Also most tanks now have the valve that is DIN with an insert to make it a yoke.

But since you already have the adapter, try it and see how it works out for you. If you go into tech you will need all the extra money you can get :D.

I swap my MK25 from DIN to yoke when traveling. As said above it only takes a couple of minutes. You could probably find a used yoke clamp even. The only tools needed are a specialty socket (Or do like me and use a giant adjustable wrench), and a couple of allen wrenches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom