Please Comment on this LogBook Page Sample

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love an electronic log and when I get a computer that I can download from I will do that. But having said that I am a very analog type of guy. I love writing on my 1929 Royal 10 glass key typewriter, I am slightly obsessed with fountain pens and always prefer the sound of vinyl to any digital crap. Not to mention I do not own a Kindle or other such reading device as I prefer hardback books.

So while I may move to digital for ease of download I will always keep a paper log.

Do any of the electronic dive logs have room for uploading underwater photo books connected to a log page? Paper log books can't hold too many photos or any videos, (maybe one selfie with DM or critter photo) so that would be one reason for me to start electronic logging.

Subsurface allows you to upload photos to a specific log entry.

IS this Diving Log 6.0? Or is that a different product?
I was talking about Dive Log that I use on my iPhone:

Dive Log

But it is the mobile companion app for Diving Log 6.0 on my desktop and you can synchronize back and forth as needed. They are nice log programs and work well together.

I've been using my own custom pages for years. I originally wanted water proof paper, but have found that is unnecessary. Log book is in one of those zippered cases, so waterproof paper is not needed. I do however, get my pages printed at the printer on heavier weight paper and have the holes punched. I also have it printed on half sheets.
I got rid of everything that most log books use, and mine is tailored just for me. Over the years, I've tweaked it, which is a big positive when creating my own.

I like this log a lot! After reading all the suggestions above I agree with them and think tyou have made a very easy to fill out log that has a good flow to compared to say a PADI created log.

I would be interested in getting the PDF or whatever file type this is for me to play around with.

Let me make some of the modifications, then I will post a editable MS WORD file (if posting a file is possible...I have not tried that yet)

I've been using my own custom pages for years. I originally wanted water proof paper, but have found that is unnecessary. Log book is in one of those zippered cases, so waterproof paper is not needed...
I am planning on just keeping it in a ziplock bag with the pen.

I've been trying to shave weight from my gear, so I have done away with traveling with any bags, pouches, carrying cases, etc.
Need to met that 50lbs airline limit for 1 checked bag. :)

"used" Seems redundant to me. I would never set my computers value to something different that what I analyzed as. I would eliminate that field entirely. I also don't see a need to have the shop field either. It should be within +- 1% of what you analyze at anyway.

Good point...

And my Dive Computer will record the number I actually use anyway.

Back
Top Bottom