Please agree with me here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok, since Dreyer's Low Fat Ice Cream has 1/2 the fat, I can eat just-less-than twice as much as normal Dreyer's Ice Cream and lose weight.

Right??

This is my new diet plan, which if it works, I'm writing a book and making an infomercial. I'm gonna' be skinny and rich!

Oh, Rick!

I'm with you on this one. Come to think of it, my wife saves money by buying almost twice the amount of stuff when it is sale for half-off. It works for her.

Gotta go pick up a quart of ice cream,
Carbon

Rick, seems perfectly logical to me! Keep in mind that I just ate a dark chocalote trufffle and a boiled brussel sprout to see what the two would taste like together. Not quite what I was hoping for. I think you'll make more money off your infomercial than I will of my brussel/truffle.

Can I be in your infomercial? I would make a great "before" picture!!!

Go for the book.

Figuring out how to suck and blow at the same time could have major implications for scuba. Not to mention doing income tax.

Here's an extra idea. Make sure the freezer compartment is set for its coldest so you will be eating colder ice cream, burning more calories to bring the stomach contents to 96.6+ - losing weight faster. Should work with Scotch on the Rocks, too. :05:

my mama & i think that if you think about eating something and don't, you should get credit & lose the weight equal to the calories you didn't just eat. example - you think of a bathtub full of ice cream sundae. you don't eat it. you should immediately lose about 10 lbs!

but my fave is the color equivalence theory. foods that are the same color as something healthy have the same nutrients. therefore mint chocolate chip ice cream and green beans are equal, pumpkin pie and carrots are equal, flan and grilled chicken breasts are equal...oh, and chocolate is the universal color and can stand in for anything.

BabyDuck:
but my fave is the color equivalence theory...
This sounds somewhat close to Color Food Group Theory that The Large One, an instructor whom I worked with in the late 80's on Oahu promulgated. It did not matter what the particular food consisted of - what mattered were the overall harmonic hues on the plate, and like Babyduck, chocolate had its own special exempt food group.
Now The Large One, also known as El Puerco, would slather hot sauce, another special food group, all over the most revolting breakfasts I ever smelled in the dive shop while I prepped for the day. Then we'd go dive all morning with customers and I got to listen to him *****-and-moan about his stomach problems.
I think he began to develop his nutritional theories while he was officer-in-charge of an Air Force nuclear missile silo that caught fire during a high level Air Force inspection and precipitated his departure from the Armed Forces into the world of of commercial diving.

Rick Inman:
Ok, since Dreyer's Low Fat Ice Cream has 1/2 the fat, I can eat just-less-than twice as much as normal Dreyer's Ice Cream and lose weight.

Right??

This is my new diet plan, which if it works, I'm writing a book and making an infomercial. I'm gonna' be skinny and rich!

ummm...Probably just rich!

Rick Inman:

Right??

Rick,

As long as you carefully stick to portions that are less than twice as much, you should get less fat AND less calories. Your diet plan should be fun!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom