Playa del Carmen June 8-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys-

I'm flying in to Cancun then taking the bus down to Playa del Carmen in June, am definitely gonna check out the bar in some cave down there.. Other than that, me and my friend want to check out diving in the cenotes/caves, my friend is an OW diver, I'm an AOW diver. We want to dive together, does anyone recommend a cave we could go in together? Which dive op?

If anyone's going to be in the area around the same time as we are, PM me! We're going to travel down to Belize by bus around June 12th and our schedule is fairly flexible..

micks:
Hi Guys-

I'm flying in to Can hen taking the bus down to Playa del Carmen in June, am definitely gonna check out the bar in some cave down there.. Other than that, me and my friend want to check out diving in the cenotes/caves, my friend is an OW diver, I'm an AOW diver. We want to dive together, does anyone recommend a cave we could go in together? Which dive op?

If anyone's going to be in the area around the same time as we are, PM me! We're going to travel down to Belize by bus around June 12th and our schedule is fairly flexible..

The bar/restaurant is Alux. Haven't been there, but heard it's unique.

My favorite cenote DO is Dennis at Diablo Divers. You should be able to dive pretty much any of the Cenotes. I like Dos Ojos, but I'm planning to check out Gran Cenote this year.

I'll second the recommendation for Dennis. And German Yanez from Yucatech Expeditions (based in Cozumel) is also very good. Cenote guides will take you with OW. Whatever your cert level, don't even consider it if you don't have good bouyancy and control, are clausterphobic (sp?) or uncomfortable being in the dark. Doj Ojos and Bat Cave are the most popular since they've been featured in movies and IMAX and are well known. It's always crowded there. You'll do Dos Ojos 1st, have your SI and then do Bat Cave, which is the other end of the same cavern. One is the upstream route and other is downstream. Bat Cave is also a pretty short dive.

Carwash, Gran Cenote, Chac Mool, Taj Maha are all neat dives. Carwash is about the easiest entry you can find. It's only a few feet from the back of the truck to the platform. No stairs to walk down with gear on your back and no jungle trecks.

The ocean diving is a bit better south of PDC. Head to Aventuras or Akumal. You could book both ocean dives and cenotes with Dennis too.

Awesome stuff- just got back from PDC yesterday- dove ChacMool while there.
Very beautiful and relaxing. Water was a bit chilly for me, esp in a shorty (~74) eee.
Definately worth doing.

Tank-Ha, or Sealife divers are good in PDC. Also for great food at a reasonable price La taberna on calle 7. Any questions about the area just PM me i have a condo in Playa and go there several times a year.

Personaly the best cenote is Dos Ojos, it has more formations and the views are amaizing, fresh water and incredible visibility. Little bit chilli but is a must. If you need info on private tours to the cenotes, PM me.

Hey Brian! I think La taberna are in 4 st with 10 av. if not im trouble, my house is really close there....jejeje Good service and remember going down to the beach, the sea food option is La Tarraya, just excellent.

Back
Top Bottom