Playa Del Carmen Sightseeing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you decide to come out to Merida let us know! There's tons to see in Merida as well. Uxmal one of the best ruins in the Yucatan by far. Almost no people - and fairly intact. The center is beautiful - and the gastronomy is next level. If you have time i'd def recommend it.
The scuba diving out here is also incredible - amazing cenotes - no people - all to yourself. Have a great trip!

Honestly, I'd finish up the cenotes and run to Cozumel for some great wall and drift dives. Coz is a totally chill island, there's a nice public market, and right across the street there is a frame shop that sells local artwork for dirt cheap. I always stop in and pick up a small painting or illustration.

The Maya ruins are cool but, in my humble opinion, they're terribly sterilized and full and tourists. The most fun part of those excursions is watching the sunburns develop on all the folks not slinking around in the shade.

I can also recommend a fantastic tattoo artist in Cozumel. Just saying. Every trip deserves a tattoo.

Tulum, Playa, etc. are just tourist traps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom