Pitkin controller and lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you with a Pitkin controller for heated suit and a light, can you put them on the same battery?

Apparently you may damage your system if you do this on a LM battery.

If that’s the case, do people carry two batteries? One for light and one for heated vest?

It is recommended to use the Pitkin Heater controller lid for heating systems only, as plugging in a light head may cause damage to your light head and potentially void the warranty.

My understanding is if you try to run the light through the heat controller. The light doesn't like the PWM input.
But a splitter before the heat controller should be fine.

I don't run LM battery, but UWLD stuff. The light and heat come off the battery as two separate taps off the same battery. Light switch is on the light head. Heat controller is inline to the bulkhead connection.

Ah ok i never realised you could just use a splitter.

I am probably gonna email LM just to be sure.

Thanks

@broncobowsher maybe I am overthinking this, I guess there is no issue with having two separate batteries on the harness, isn’t it?

@broncobowsher maybe I am overthinking this, I guess there is no issue with having two separate batteries on the harness, isn’t it?
If you have 2 separate batteries, why would they be on the same harness. Just wire one battery to the light, the other to the heater, be done with it. I thought the discussion was multiple loads on a single battery?

Now I am confused at what you are trying to do.

I run the Light Monkey Pitkin controller on a separate can from my light. No problems with two canisters on my harness, but it is bulky.

You can buy a dual battery pack with two cords but I like the having each in a separate pack as it makes mixing and matching easier.

If you have 2 separate batteries, why would they be on the same harness. Just wire one battery to the light, the other to the heater, be done with it. I thought the discussion was multiple loads on a single battery?

Now I am confused at what you are trying to do

I never put 2 batteries on the waist, I somehow assumed it would be better to have a single battery with dual output or a splitter but it looks like I was wrong and it’s common to have two batteries.

Apologies for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom