What's in SF Tech, Light Monkey heated elements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sweater is sold alone ready with pockets for heat pads and holes to route wires.
If you buy the gloves they should come with wires included. When you buy heat pads you should have option to buy with wires, except y connector needed for using gloves and sweater together.
I made my own but would recommend to buy. Not worth the expense and trouble for the price they sell for.

I have noticed some suppliers in North America sell wiring separately and at the end get stupid expensive.
I ordered straight from uk and everything cost me less than half of what there asking here, including exchange.

From what I researched on the light monkey sweater, seems to be made with carbon wire , but I might be wrong.

I don’t like wired heating garments because there is a very high probability for wire disconnection somewhere and almost impossible to find problem without ripping apart most of the lining. Had a few motorcycle heated vests all ended with the same faith, but they are not as expensive as dive specific heated gear.

I have noticed some suppliers in North America sell wiring separately and at the end get stupid expensive.
I ordered straight from uk and everything cost me less than half of what there asking here, including exchange.
You are a genius and I owe you a few drinks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom