Pinnacle Merino lined 5mil? or 7mil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With out hijacking the thread, does the effects of the Elastiprene (more compression @ depth) off-set the benefits of the merino lining. If so, it would also be important to factor in overall enviroment as well as avg. max depth.

There is certainly a trade off bewteen Elastiprene and non-elastiprene; before I purchased I spoke with Pinnacles and asked a lot of questions.

The polar for example has a different type of neoprene that will resist compression at deep dives. To compensate for that the Elastiprene comes with Merino that doesn't lose it's value due to compression.

Elastiprene by itself will compress and lose efficacy at depth, thus it's really made for comfort and protection up to or below 100 feet.

The ME-7 is designed to give you the comfort level both at shallow and to about 150 feet without compromising your warmth. Below 150 feet I would invest in a Polar, Extreme, or just the drysuit.

Ask yourself what type of diver you want to be in the first year of diving if it's new to you. Chances are you will be a recreational so you will not really need the Polar or the Extreme inless you plan to take those really deep dives.

I tried on the Polar before I purchased and did not like the feel on dry land at all. It took me literally 15 minutes to don the darn thing. And it was very very restrictive.

The ME -7 feels like it's part of your skin I kid you not, go try one one and feel the differences you will shell out the cash for it.... I did.....

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom