Pinnacle Evo 2 drysuit reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm very interested in this suit, but concerned about warmth. I dove a compressed neoprene suit today with only swimming trunks on in 42 degree water and felt perfect. I've dove 3 times with DUI Trilams with different undergarmets and each time I froze. What's the secret? I am really thinking I want compressed neoprene, but I like this suit.

What advice can you offer to make my warmth concerns go away?

S. Nagel

Its all in the undergarment. What Neo Drysuit did you wear? How thick was it? Neoprene suits will be warmer hands down everytime, if that was comfortable with no undergarment, then why switch? We have 2 different thickness neoprene drysuits, I have one Im getting rid of with only 8 dives(my personal suit)...what size are you? I could extend a great price :wink:

I got an evo 2 down here in Australia
I really like the suit, it's tough and i've had no problems with leaking or seals and i find it comfortable except for one thing; the neoprene socks. They are ****ing HUGE. Another thing was that it had different pockets than what i expected and they're quite small.
I contacted the oceanic people in Australia (they distribute pinnacle here) about getting the suit customised and was basically told it would be expensive and not to bother any time in the near future as they were busy and were also moving location.
I didn't really like that after i dropped 2 grand on one of their products... so i wouldn't buy anything through them again.

Good suit in its price range IMHO, but only get it if you're sure you will get good after sales service

I got one a few days ago. Got my first chance to try it in the pool this evening. Everything went well and I am a happy camper so far. The thing looks bulletproof and I look like such a stud in it. :) I got the ML and it just seemed to fit perfectly all around, including the boots. The seals seem significantly thicker and more durable than others I looked at. It hasn't dried yet so I can comment on how long that takes. I was a little worried about floaty feet with the attached boots but no problem there. The size 11 boots fit very nicely into my XL Jets, just tight enough that they don't wiggle around but not so tight that you need three assistants to get them off.

The only thing I don't like is that Pinnacle puts their name in big letters on the back shoulders, messing up an otherwise all black color scheme.

Can't wait to take it to one of the local mudholes to do a real dive.

Bought it at Scubatoys here in town so I'm not too worried about after sale service.

My Dept. recently purchased the Pinnacle Evo 2 suits along with the Evolution undergarmets for myself and my partner and we did our dry suit class a couple of weeks ago and I was pretty impressed with the durability of the suits. We ordered custom suits from them and they had them in just under 1 month, which wasnt too bad considering this was during the Christmas Holiday season. We did just as they suggested and ordered 1 boot size larger than our normal size 12 and when we took our class the size 13 boots were too small for our thermal socks so we had to ship them back to Pinnacle to get them resized to size 14 boots, but luckily Pinnacle stated to our LDS that since we followed their size suggestion that they would not charge us for resizing the boots, and that they would do a two day turn around for us since we were needing them for work and that the problem wasnt really our fault. They were shipped back to Pinnacle Jan 17th so hopefully we should be getting them back soon.

shaggy

for shoe sizing, In my case at least, I have the dry neoprene socks vice molded boots on mine and the overshoes fit to street size. I originally got +1 based on recommendations here, but had to return them and went to street shoe size. With socks, plus thermal socks the size 13 overboot fits my size 13 foot well.

Well we got our dry suits back from Pinnacle and went up to a size 14 and they are still too small for the thick DUI thermal socks that we have. So,... We decided to go to Cabellas and get some good hunting thermal socks and they work great and are still warm. Its just that those DUI socks were never gonna work due to their thickness. Now I just gotta get used to dry diving,........

I have also found that thick hunter-style merino socks (or a similar product I found at the commercial fisherman's store) work great as drysuit socks.

Many people have said that standard pockets on the Evolution 2 are a bit on the smaller size. In my neck of the woods we carry quite a bit of "junk" in our pockets and so my question is to Mike (Dive Right in) an all else of course, if it is possible to get a suit with, lets say, only one pocket. And then i could glue on an aftermarket one, say oxycheq or whatever.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom