Pinnacle Evo 2 drysuit reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I found this thread!
First let me say I really like the Evo 2, though to be honest I do not have much to compare it to as it is my first dry suit.
Now that my disclaimer is done, I can make my review.
The suit is very stiff when it arrives, after a few dives it is much better. In the water, it is very soft and easy to move in. I stayed dry all weekend and it was great! The seals, as DavidP mentioned, are quite thick. They just feel solid as opposed to other seals that just feel like they are going to tear. The pockets are great for me, though some think they are small. The pockets are smaller then the pockets on my X-shorts, but those may be too big (too much drag). I was able to fit the same items (spare mask and shears in my right pocket, reel and wetnotes in my left) in my pockets as I do diving my X-Shorts.
Self donning and doffing is pretty easy, even for a new drysuit diver.
Now, the off the shelf size.... USE THE SIZE CHART MIKE (Dive Right In Scuba) MENTIONED. In fact, buy the suit from someone experienced with the sizing of this suit and who has a solid relationship with Pinnacle. I can't recommend Mike at Dive Right In Scuba enough, good price and great service. (by the way, the folks at Pinnacle have pretty good customer service as well)
Lastly let me tell you the only "downside" of this suit. It is 100% cordura as the outer part of the shell, so it is tough as nails. This suit will probably last forever, but it does not pack small. It is not really a travel suit. For me, local beach diving, boat diving or going across to Catalina, it is perfect!
Oh yeah..one more thing.. Pinnacle tells me that they now do custom sizing of the EVO 2. Something to think about. :wink:

Great review!!!
Just to add...The custom suits are about 1 month out I believe.....

Robert, Im planning on coming out that way sometime next year, we will have to hook up and you show me the dive spots :D I will supply the after dive beer

Pinnacle suit = nice quality if it fits you. Pinnacle's service = the worst!! My advice is to order a White's dry suit. Their service has been wonderful.

I was told that despite their chart for women's sizes, they do not make them for women. They suggested a men's equivalent. I was concerned that it would not fit properly and explicitly asked if I could return it for a full refund if there was a sizing problem. I sent my measurements as well, but recceived a stock Men's small suit. I ordered this through my LDS in early November. They sent the suit and it did not fit properly (arms too long, legs too short). I returned it immediately to my LDS, who in turn returned it to Pinnacle on 11/28. I called weekly my LDS to find out where my refund was to no avail. It appears that Pinnacle to this day has not yet even opened the box and the sales weenie is now changing his mind saying that they will only give my LDS 'credit'. This was clearly not the arrangement originally agreed upon and my LDS does not want credit from a company who treats them like this. Pinnacle's bait & switch tactics are similar to that of a used car salesman. I would never recommend them to anyone. They still have NOT refunded my money despite having the suit in their possession since 11/28. My LDS is trying to expedite things also, but I think they are just waiting until the new year to 'adjust their revenue'. Their suits may be of good fabric (although suspenders were so cheesy) but that is the extent of my compliments for them. They stink for customer service!!

Pinnacle suit = nice quality if it fits you. Pinnacle's service = the worst!! My advice is to order a White's dry suit. Their service has been wonderful.

I was told that despite their chart for women's sizes, they do not make them for women. They suggested a men's equivalent. I was concerned that it would not fit properly and explicitly asked if I could return it for a full refund if there was a sizing problem. I sent my measurements as well, but recceived a stock Men's small suit. I ordered this through my LDS in early November. They sent the suit and it did not fit properly (arms too long, legs too short). I returned it immediately to my LDS, who in turn returned it to Pinnacle on 11/28. I called weekly my LDS to find out where my refund was to no avail. It appears that Pinnacle to this day has not yet even opened the box and the sales weenie is now changing his mind saying that they will only give my LDS 'credit'. This was clearly not the arrangement originally agreed upon and my LDS does not want credit from a company who treats them like this. Pinnacle's bait & switch tactics are similar to that of a used car salesman. I would never recommend them to anyone. They still have NOT refunded my money despite having the suit in their possession since 11/28. My LDS is trying to expedite things also, but I think they are just waiting until the new year to 'adjust their revenue'. Their suits may be of good fabric (although suspenders were so cheesy) but that is the extent of my compliments for them. They stink for customer service!!

I have had nothing but awesome customer service, I would put the repayment in the hands of your LDS, you bough it from them, not Pinnacle. I cant believe they would do this as I know all of the guys there and Customer Service is their main goal. It seems there is probably more to the story than meets the eye........I would try calling Pinnacle yourself if your LDS isnt getting anywhere. If you want, PM me and I will get in touch and find out more about whats going on. Customer Service is from your LDS, unless you have talked with Pinnacle....He should be going to war for you to get you what you need from any Manuf. I have never had to with Pinnacle and I have had fit situations like yours....I would put more pressure on your LDS....Good luck:wink:

David, dont tell me you make fun of Roberts fins :wink:

now why on earth would I make fun of Mr. Transformer? To be totally honest, While I struggled to get my XX jets off of my size 17 Chucks, I was quite envious of his little kick, kick, walk...

hehe I was his dry suit class! ran him through the paces, got him to hover horizontally, then hover head down, and damn he did fine! It was true buoyancy not sculling feet and hands. I even got him to shoot a bag at 85', we both agreed it would be best if I reeled it in though, but he did great in the suit. He said he wants a "H" p-valve, but I might have scared him off when I had a "yellow Russian" this weekend... you know a plumbing Popov:D

towards the end of the weekend, he was just walking around saying, "you know, I really like this suit!" almost like he was surprised, the only reason I can come up with was the quality of the suit for the price he payed. Its a good suit! If something happened to mine (and Pinnacle makes a suit for a 6'4', 280 lb, 52" chest, with gorilla arms diver) I would absolutely look at getting one.

It was funny, he got cold in his pool session and is afraid of getting cold, but was never cold in his wetsuit, through the 5 dives he never got cold in the new evo but was afraid he was going to. An instructor was there and who does get cold very easily, she was trying argon for the first time and was ranting about how great it was, and how she should have tried it sooner. I think RArak is looking on ebay for a 6 cuft tank as we speak...

I do have one small criticism about the Evo 2, the zipper pulls from upper left down to lower right. You cant see the zipper down by your hip and have to tug on it and hope that it is fully closed. I do prefer seeing the zipper being closed and that way I don't put extra wear on the suit by tugging and pulling.

LOL...Mr. Transformer.....Well hes in good company we have sold alot of those adn they are extremely functional, especially for him. I see what your saying about the zip, Roberto, I have 6cu/fters coming in, if your interested I can have them drop ship you one from Cali right to you?

Mike

well guys, it just showed up, all bright and, oh ya all black. now I just need to find some water to use it in. But I have to leave town for the Holiday, do I take it?? or do I just leave it till I get home in a week. I dunno, a week is a really long time...

Yes everything fits, the overboots, sized 1 up fit fine and have plenty of room left for the extra think socks that I have.

I would second Dive Right In's comments on the customer service at
Pinnacle. Of all the companies we work with, they are far and away the most easy to deal with. They are in fact the only company that we have ever been able to send product back to with no questions asked. I think the problem is at the dive shop level.

I've got one of those suits and the fit and comfort (large tall w/neo socks) was great. Having a front-entry suit is definetely a plus. This was my first DS so I have nothing to compare it too, but it is extremely well built, the seals are tough, the valves are easy to operate and the dump valve.... well it dumps air... fast.

I got mine wet in the feet on the first dive but I suspect this is due to user error rather than the suit.

Overall, this is an awesome suit - buy it.

Back
Top Bottom