Pinnacle Aquatics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Pinnacle Elite 7/5 with the Merino lining and have, thus far, been very happy with it. According to Pinnacle, the Merino lining absorbs more water than synthetic linings. When water does end up in your suit it will be absorbed by the lining and provide some degree of insulation. They also say that when Merino absorbs water it releases heat in an exothermic reaction. I can't speak to this personally but I can say that my suit is awfully warm.

As for durability, I'm not sure. I'm a new diver so I haven't had a chance to really stress test it.

More info about the Merino lining is available here.

Jason

I've got a Pinnacle 5mm Fusion with about 40 dives. Very well built no problems. The wool liner does take a little longer to dry out. As far as smell, mine's pretty smelly, but I wee wee it in about twice a dive....

It's quite warm, but I'm heading towards a drysuit now. So I guess you could say it's the last wetsuit I'll ever buy lol.

Back
Top Bottom