Pinnacle 7mm Escape Titanium Farmer John opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the 7 mm Pinnacle Escape farmer john and have to say it is very warm, down to 52F and comfortable even w/o a hood. However, I do wish they made it in elastoprene because it can be very stiff and uncomfortable out of the water. Once in the water, I'm fine with it but walking around from the car to the beach for shore diving can be a pain in the a**.

Before I had the pinnacle extreme 8/6 one-piece and was happy with it but had zipper problems and so went to the two-piece. The extreme was much better in terms of comfort but not quite as warm as the Escape.

One thing for me though, I have no problem putting on or taking off the Escape and actually somewhat easy. My main issue is the stiffness and how it almost feels like you have springs holding your legs down, makes walking up the stairs little tough sometimes and now thinking of going back to a one-piece or maybe drysuit down the line. Also with the Escape you need an extra 6-10 pounds of lead because of all the extra buoyancy.

The Pinnacle Escape FJ is a good suit for the price,but it has like a 10 mil backing to the zipper and it causes a bad seal. I would suggest also the hooded vest worn under it helps considerably with the seal. I dont understand why they did that with 2 7mil pieces you dont need a 10mil backing for the zipper. I sent mine back, my son still has his and I'm thinking about getting the backing changed out to maybe 3-5 mil. Keith

That piece of foam annoyed me so much that I ended up trimming it off with a very sharp razor blade leaving only a really small piece angled in to the seam. Maybe a half inch left. You really don't need it because there is a piece of rubbery seal behind the zipper anyhow...

Back
Top Bottom