Pictures from Beach 8th Street Queens New York 06-08-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what was the water temp at depth?
Somewhere around 63-70f now from top to bottom keeping in mind that 22 feet is the average depth.

Just checked my log...as hi as 77f last year in late August at the surface! Not bad for the NE. I forgot it got that warm there. I wore a 3mil full in NYC!:eyebrow:

Somewhere around 63-70f now from top to bottom keeping in mind that 22 feet is the average depth.

Just checked my log...as hi as 77f last year in late August at the surface! Not bad for the NE. I forgot it got that warm there. I wore a 3mil full in NYC!:eyebrow:

3mm suit works!, I might have to look into diving there. 77f is something this warm water diver would consider diving. So is there any dive shops or guild out that way that I can get a guild to show me around?

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

3mm suit works!, I might have to look into diving there. 77f is something this warm water diver would consider diving. So is there any dive shops or guild out that way that I can get a guild to show me around?

Lots of lds's dive there...Di Dieter Diving - Professional Dive Training - New York is just one and of course any of us would love to give you the underwater tour! That's how I first did it.

Jason

I'm trying to get it together for tomorrow, but need some guidance. Namely, someone to go with us and someone to rent us gear (that's two pretty big things, I guess).

If anyone's going out tomorrow and wants to show two newbies the ropes, we'll happily buy you a beer in exchange . . . !

I'm trying to get it together for tomorrow, but need some guidance. Namely, someone to go with us and someone to rent us gear (that's two pretty big things, I guess).

If anyone's going out tomorrow and wants to show two newbies the ropes, we'll happily buy you a beer in exchange . . . !

I don't mind helping you out tomorrow but I can't help you with the rentals. I will be at the dive site and can guide etc in any way once there.

I would call Di Dieter Di Dieter Diving - Professional Dive Training - New York because this guy actually rents gear and will BRING IT TO THE SITE for you and you just give it back to him when you are done. I know he will be there all weekend. It says on his web page that he's doing classes there this weekend at hight slack tide times.

For the record, I am not affiliated with him or his shop in any way. I just noticed he is ALWAYS there with divers and I rented gear out of his van from him as well when I first started doing colder water diving there. He's a nice old salty type who brings gear in his white van. I believe you just have to call him and tell him what you need.

I will be there with my friend rob at about 3pm.

Call Di and set up rentals, he will guide you with all that and then email me at jason@visitjason.com and we can arrange the rest. I suggest you get there 90 minutes early to play with the gear/weights and get used to the place so you aren't rushing. Also, you will only have about an hour to dive once 4:02pm hits.

It will be busy there tomorrow with divers and people fishing on a Saturday. Viz could be 0ft or 20ft. We shall see...:wink:

Between myself, Rob, and aDi...not to mention all the other divers there you will be fine. Most divers there like to help the new comers.:D New Yorkers like to tell people where to go etc...:eyebrow:

I cannot wait to join you one weekend in the future, Jason. Does Becky hang out or is it just too painful? :D I would love to see you both again. I have your number. I'll give you a call.

Back
Top Bottom