Pics From Coz Trip With Propjoe And Aldora Divers March 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffromonty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had some wonderful dives and great times with super good people. Hope for more memories to be made.
IMG_2751.jpg
PICT0011.jpg
PICT0012.jpg
PICT0017.jpg
PICT0022.jpg
PICT0023 (1).jpg
PICT0023.jpg
PICT0026.jpg
PICT0028 (1).jpg
PICT0028.jpg

Hey! What are you doing at my table?!?!?!?!?

(Nice pics!)
YOUR table???

Looks like a windy day at Mescalito's, eh? Or is it Playa Bonita?

That cracked column looks like Playa Bonita. It is slowly crumbling into the sea.

Playa bonita and yes a very windy day. Some of the biggest surf I've ever seen. It was our table on that day lol.

YOUR table???

Looks like a windy day at Mescalito's, eh? Or is it Playa Bonita?

That cracked column looks like Playa Bonita. It is slowly crumbling into the sea.

That is MY table at Bonita. My Mescalito's table is more in the middle. I have the card....

mesc card.jpg

Well we made good use of it that day, had a few GRANDE margaritas. And thew were very good. I think the ladies in the group were surprised when they seen how big they were.

What cracked me up was showing up that evening from a tequila soaked day at an all-inclusive and visiting with folks who didn't remember it the next day. And I wasn't one of them!

Hated to miss that day. East side with Joe and crowd is a fun time! Maybe next year. :cheers:

It was a very good time on the wild side, wish you could have been with us Sallye. Hope to see you soon, May is out I'll be in the middle of the gulf trying to find Charlie (tuna), maybe be down in June.

Hail to Jeffro!
Story goes something like this:
Day before we are leaving. Bad day at work. Steve from the Villa emails me and tells me Jeffro may be on the same flight as Kim and I. I finish packing and after a day from hell at work hit the Rum. I pack the last of my gear. Then I send Jeffro my cell number via scubaboard PM (Foggy memory). Kim and I are three minutes late (at 4:03am) for our 6:00 am flight (it was freaking snowing) and have to pay $75 each to get booked on the next flight. There was nobody at ORD at that time of the morning. A$$hole ticket agent made us re-book ($$$). TSA precheck wait was non-existent and breezed past our orignal gate with plenty-O- time to spare (GRrrr...). Whatever, we were late by :03. Anyway.
We land at DFW. Kim is hungry we go upstairs to grab a samwich. We just sat down and ordered. I get a text from Jeffro. He says he's at some place called the Monkey bar. I look over my shoulder and see the sign for the Monkey bar. I walk to the edge of the rail look down and there is Jeffro with beer in hand, Shyt eaten grin on his face wearing an Aldora Special Operations shirt, waving at me like a long lost friend. I'll never forget that image in my head. A truly happy face. Life is good! Trip is looking better already. Kim and I finish our snack and head down to see Jeffro. No beer I like = Bloody Mary (I'm on vacation). Jeff bought the round before I had a chance to say other wise. I said I was buying the first round and he beat me to it. I'll get him back. Turns out we are all in Business class. Jeffro is towards the back. I wasn't going to order a drink but then Jeffro orders Vodka Cran-apple. I'm thinking, wow that sounds good, refreshing actually. Next thing we know. Everyone, except for a few in entire front of the plane orders the same drink. We are really happy flyers. We land. Jeffro's bag is one of the first off. He's off like a shot. He's in one of the first Colectivoes. Our bags were one of that last. We get to the Villa and there is Jeffro again, Big Grin, helping us with our bags. Keep in mind we never met Jeffro before.
We dove with Jeffro all week. He's a great diver.Really, Really enjoyed his company. You have to meet the man.
The day at Play Bonita...
We are taking a day off of Diving and Jeffro is done and heading home.
I ordered Ricardo's van for the east side pub crawl. After I had a wonderful grilled fish lunch at La Condella we hop in the van and head to the Rasta bar for a Margarita.

Next stop Playa Bonita.

I have many happy memories of this place. On this day.... Not so many memories. I remember the waiter asking what size Margarita and Colleen saying "Grande"... Jeffro is really laughing out loud at this point. He knew what was coming. I had no idea. I didn't Have to drink the whole Grande, didn't want to waste it either... I remember asking the waiter if I'd give him $20 if I could cut the Green Bay Packer flag off its pole and take it with us. He said No. Owners friend bought it. My father molded me into a Bears fan btw. Next thing I know its morning and I'm diving, Jeffro is not.. Jeffro has this shyt eaten grin on his face... I can't wait to see him again...

Last edited:
Looks like a good thread to ask this question! We are taking a group of first timers to Coz next month. On an off-diving day I want to take them on bar-hopping tour of the wild side. Was wondering if anybody knows of a van / driver service that we can rent with a DD to take us on this tour. I've done the Coz Bar-hop bus tour before but was interested in getting a smaller vehicle with a driver that can accomodate 6 peeps. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom