picking out my bungied second - thoughts? - SP intensive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, they should be matched. If I have to don a regulator to my buddy why should I be breathing off a regulator that does not deliver the same as the one I just gave away?

From what I understand the S555 is the exact same reg as an S600 minus the adjustable nature and a different front cover. The G250 is supposed to be superior for cold water in that it has a larger metal barrel.

As for "detuning" - If I remember correctly, the S555, the G200B, and the G250V have the pre-dive/dive switch..... the 109 (as well as the G250v) is user adjustable....

The G200B and S555 have only a venturi assist vane, not really a pre-dive/dive switch like the D series, and no user adjustment like the G250. I have a G200B, I have used it as an alternate a few times, it's worked great. That said, having a 109 converted to balanced would give you three great things: 1) bulletproof cold water performance from the metal case, 2) same rebuild parts as the G250, 3) the ability to adjust it for less likelihood of free flows.

A converted 109 is almost indistinguishable (better in some ways IMO) in terms of performance from a G250. The G250V I don't know about, but it's functionally the same as the older G250s as far as I know. If there is a difference, it's very slight and all the parts interchange. The G200B is the exact same as the G250 minus the user adjustment.

I have a G200B in perfect condition I'd consider selling if you decide you want one. PM me if you're interested.

Same here. Only difference is a seacure molded mouthpiece on my primary and a stock/oem on the necklace.

I would want a balanced 2nd as my backup. YMMV.
I am curious about the molded mouthpiece, do you have a real need for it (TMJ condition? ) The reason why I ask is if your mouthpiece is custom molded to your mouth, could that be an issue with a stressed out low on air diver when they put it in their mouth. My experience with SeaCures is they are pretty rigid after they are formed.

Last edited:
I am curious about the molded mouthpiece, do you have a real need for it (TMJ condition? ) The reason why I ask is if your mouthpiece is custom molded to your mouth, could that be an issue with a stressed out low on air diver when they put it in their mouth. My experience with SeaCures is they are pretty rigid after they are formed.

My Dive Rite 2nd stages on my doubles regs are, for some reason, harder to keep in my mouth than without it. It's like they are too close to my chin with the OEM mouthpiece. This is definitely a personal fit thing. On a 200min dive a little comfort really does go a long way, you know?

I have donated my long hose, with that mouthpiece, to an AOW student who was in a real low on air situation (not out, not panicking) when I was DM on the boat they were using for their class last summer. All he said when I asked him if it was an issue for him later is "your teeth in my mouth are better than no air in my lungs...thank you."

My gf and I do a share drill every now and then, mainly when I feel like messing with her, and she didn't complain about it (too much).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom