Picking a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

profile picture on my facebook right now.. lol

EDGE and HOG Dive Gear | Facebook

Sorry for the confusion, I knew the Mares, Cressi etc did NOT come with octo and would add about 100 to the total. I thought the HOG DID come with an octo (because of the picture) which would've made all the prices comparable across the board.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Again, I did not know a TON about regs, and as stated have learned ALOT from this thread alone.

I don't mind spending more to get a better product, however I'm not looking to spend 500+ for a reg, at this point with the amount of diving I do annually, I'd rather just rent than spend that much. However, we usually go to St. John twice a year and shore dive, and owning vs. renting gear just makes smarter fiscal sense to me.

The new Edge Exp setup, sounds like it might be a great fit all around with the diaphram setup and being balanced. Are there any pics/links to this gear, or more specs?

Again, I really appreciate the input from both noob's and pros alike.

is that comment based on the price or a specific issue you see with HOG/EDGE?

Sorry if I was not clear. I was not referring to any particular brand but low end in general. I've only owned Oceanics and Atomic so that's all I know from personal experience. Everything I read about the HOG/Edge has been positive, so there must be something to it.

Adam

Me personaly will want a regulator that will last and will always have parts available to service and no matter were in the world I am. You would fare much better off paying a little bit more and diving it a lot longer. Scubapro MK11/C200 or C300 or if you want to go a little lower end go Scubapro MK2/R295. Its not always price you look for but quality and longevity are most important to me.

@ - Eric,

Any details as far as performance & features?

I am not clear on the difference & options between the EXP & EPIC II?

Thanks

To hijack the thread a little bit, unless you buy and use a lot of regs, servicing your own HOG probably won't save money in the long run. That said, I have HOGS and am excited about being able to service them myself. I have been totally disgusted with LDS service over the last 8 years and am very happy to have this opportunity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom