picked up two faber steel 95s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maderadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So i picked up two steel 95s last hydro 07 they didn't have any air in them what are the chances they are gonna be rusted inside beyond what a tumble can fix

Chances? What difference does it make, you've already bought them. Take them to a shop that does that kind of work and see what happens. I recommend using a shop that actually does the work there and does not send it out. Additionally, if the shop you pick says they are beyond repair take them to another and get a second opinion. FWIW, I have two steel 95s both bought second hand off Craigslist.

Take them to All-safe in Wyoming (MN). They can shot blast the inside before they do hydro on it. They also do the "+" ratings.
Dave

I took them in to get them hydro'd yesterday there was a option asking if you whouod like them tumbled if needed its a good thing i called back to check in on them before they were sent out because they thought i had declined the tumble because it asks for initials to approve and my parents didn't think when they named me so my initials are NA

I don't think there bad if they have any I banged on them and they sounded pretty clear

...they thought i had declined the tumble because it asks for initials to approve and my parents didn't think when they named me so my initials are NA

Beer on the keyboard over that one.

Bob

I paid $90 for a pair of OMS/Farber 98's with manifold and bands, felt like a thief. Got another pair of Wothington 95's for $90 each, had to have them tumbled as they got a wet fill on a boat and we're rusty inside $30 each. Paid $200 for a pair of OMS/Farber 108's with bands and manifold.
I watch the local Craig's list every day.

I paid $90 for a pair of OMS/Farber 98's with manifold and bands, felt like a thief. Got another pair of Wothington 95's for $90 each, had to have them tumbled as they got a wet fill on a boat and we're rusty inside $30 each. Paid $200 for a pair of OMS/Farber 108's with bands and manifold.
I watch the local Craig's list every day.

Nice find. I managed to find an OMS 98 on craigslist that looked like it just came out of the factory inside and out. The lady only wanted $25 for it, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom