Picked up a cool new tool recently: Eezycut Trilobite...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a lot of cutting in that video, but......

There was no demonstration of it NOT cutting a hose or a finger. That's an important feature to me.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from the folks I know that have these.

Let's be careful out there, folks!

EEZYCUT FAIL!
half_car_010.jpg

EEZYCUT FAIL!
chainSawWhaler585x389.jpeg

EEZYCUT FAIL!
house%20cut%20in%20half%20052.jpg

So what's the big deal. Any knife or scissors will cut those ropes. It's useless as a prying instrument, and for cutting wire scissors with a notch are probably the best.

Adam

Yup, which is why I carry three cutting tools when necessary. (Knife, trauma sheers, and my new replacement for my z-knife.)

So what's the big deal. Any knife or scissors will cut those ropes. It's useless as a prying instrument, and for cutting wire scissors with a notch are probably the best.

Adam
You are supposed to have a two cutting devices, and having two differing forms of them would seem helpful and I would think the difference in this one (and line cutters in general) is that you can "hook" what you need to cut

oops, RJP has it covered

But they DON'T include extra blades at that price.

Looks like DiveSeekers.com has it for $24.99 including two extra blades.

EEZYCUT Trilobite w/Extra Blades at www.DiveSeekers.com

Ya, I did some price checking and found lower prices than EEXYCUT or DiveSeekers, but when DiveSeekers throw3 in the extra blades, that others asked over $5 for, they had the best offer. Still wish they offered a SB member discount, cause I bought several as gifts, besides one for myself.

Actually, divegear express has them cheaper and if you buy the replacement blades with shipping it's still a tad bit cheaper than diveseekers.com

Too late. Bought four as gifts.

Very effective looking tools they are. I looked around the shop for stuff to test them on, but my boss gave me the evil eye when he saw me with tool in hand, checking out various wires, and cords! :D :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom