Picked up a cool new tool recently: Eezycut Trilobite...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi DevonDiver

The tool is designed to cut line up to 8mm thick although it will cut through something considerably thicker. We tested it on bungee that's used for sidemount and the EEZYCUT Trilobite cut right through it.

We have also used it on webbing without any issues.

There has been some concern of being able to access/handle the tool with thick cold water gloves on. It not a problem at all, the EEZYCUT Trilobite can be accessed really easy with the gloves on.

We are going to shoot a video over the winter that will show the tool being used in cold water cutting a diver out of a 2" webbing harness!

Cheers

I just went to your site and placed an order for a couple, to give as gifts. I should have asked if there was any discount for SB members!?

I had seen the video before, but when we went to MX last month, the shop had them and we got to play with them and cut some rope (pretty thick nylon stuff, like what you moor boats with) and harness webbing. All three of us bought one. The demos were pretty convincing.

TSandM - The demos were pretty convincing.

We were just at DEMA working the rEvo Rebreather booth and for the people we got to show the product to, we got that "WOW" response.

Common responses to the demos:
1. WOW
2. Nice, Sturdy design
3. Sharp
4. Nice Sheath
5. Replacement Blades
6. Nicest Line Cutter on the market

Buy Scuba diving gear and equipment for recreational, technical, and wreck.

Just went to your site and ordered one. I actually looked at them before and had them on my short list of buys.

I had seen the video before, but when we went to MX last month, the shop had them and we got to play with them and cut some rope (pretty thick nylon stuff, like what you moor boats with) and harness webbing. All three of us bought one. The demos were pretty convincing.
That's a pretty convincing endorsement , and so is the part about using it with gloves on

... not that I don't already want one :D

Are the replacement blades the same as for a carpet knife? They look the same and there are Ti coated blades available.
OND

Well, if you ever get entangled in co-axial cable... better hope you have an Eezycut Trilobite with you:

39442_179657505379329_100000052436057_643426_4254841_n.jpg

:shocked2:

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from the folks I know that have these. Think I know what I'll be using as Mikey's stocking stuffers. And a few other friends as well.

Hi Joyster! Old Pal!

DC

So what's the big deal. Any knife or scissors will cut those ropes. It's useless as a prying instrument, and for cutting wire scissors with a notch are probably the best.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom