pic from weekend trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
I just got back from a quick long weekend trip to the Similan, Richeliue Rock, Surin Island this past weekend. Played a bit more with stacked macro lens. Here is a shot from Richeliue Rock:
Oly C5050, Ikelite housing, Ikelite DS125 strobe, 2x Inon UCL-165 macro lens, macro mode, zoom set at 80mm.

fa5b91a2.jpg

Cool pic! Love the color!

I'm impressed with the results from stacking macros. I hope to try it one day!

BTW....I've gone brain dead....can you tell me how to set my zoom? I know I've done it before but for the life of me I can't find the right menu to do it again! :rolleyes:

Dee, you can set the zoom through my mode setting. Go to setup, my mode setup, custom, my mode# then scroll down to second screen, there is a choice for zoom just before flash mode, flash intensity, autofocus mode. You can set the zoom to 35mm, 50mm, 80mm and 105mm.
Hopefully one of these days I will find a tiny subject that won't move around so much so I can try the macro lens with 105mm zoom, should get even better magnification with that (well, if I can get it focus :) ).

ssra....is there any other place except the My Modes menus to set the zoom? What if I'm not using any of the My Modes, just normal manual macro settings?

Dee, I have not been able to find anywhere else that I can set the zoom on the C5050. On the old C4040, you can set it as default setup when you first turn the camera on. My guess is that with the introduction of my mode in C5050, they took out that option and stick it in my mode setup instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom