Phuket-Koh Tao Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got nothing to say, just wanted to see my new picture

lol

Do you accept reservations over SB for a Trident dive? I missed the chance the last time I was on Koh Tao, but coming December - I'm diving the Unicorn! :D

Hi, greetings from Krabi. I've never dived the Gulf, but I've never heard anything but indifference from divers who have come to us from Pattaya, Koh Samui or Koh Tao about the dive sites. This is not my oppinion, but theirs. They make their comparisons after diving with us around our local islands, Phi Phi and Shark Point. I agree totally with the comment about the Gulf and courses, it again reflects what I hear from our divers, especially on price. I have dived Similans by liveaboard and it's a must do!

Now I've just read the whole of the thread, instead of the first couple of pages! We must do something to stop Ao Nang becoming the next Patong, otherwise divers will go to Koh Tao...........

Last edited:
Now I know this thread is strictly Ko Tao or Phuket bashing, but I'll try and avoid that here, simply to say.....

4 whale sharks on the surface between Ko Doc Mai and Shark Point on Wednesday here in Phuket. The sun was shining, the seas were flat. At least 3 boats saw them, disgorged customers (who were WONDERFULLY well behaved) to snorkel for well over 45 minutes with various individual animals.

And people actually debate where to go?

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Yes, and a bit earlier in the day lots of diving with them as well (4 you say Mick, my guests only saw 3 :D).

They have been in the area for a few weeks now Batfish, so chances are good.

Jamie, you know you're not going to leave the office so have a look at this...

Whale shark action 23rd July '08 on MV Atitara

And if you look to the left on the page you can download some video footage from the news section!! Many thanks to Max Hand for letting us go wild with his footage!!

Last edited:
Four big spotty fish that move about all the time, versus 30 world class wrecks that stay where they should? ( apart from the vertical wreck that re-floated itself after 5 years sunk)

Koh Tao wins again .

By the way, we have big spotty fish all the time but don't make such a fuss

Jamie

ok,granted, 30 'great wrecks' sounds better!

Bikini Atoll's diving operator has closed too, rising fuel costs - not competition from us.

our last Lagarto trip cost over 250,000 baht in diesel, what it cost to build my house 5 years ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom