photoshop CS2...download?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PSP is a nice program. However, the biggest drawback it has is far fewer divers using it, so getting assistance in learning it or trying to perform certain uw-specific tasks is more difficult.

Yes that is true Amber, still it works in a very similar manner to CS2 so even if you get tips for CS2 you can pretty much apply it within PSP X as-well. Though, CS2 does have better plug-ins, support, and a few other things. But I mean for $80, I dont think anyone can complain about PSP X - its an amazing deal for a program offering many powerful photography tools.

Was actully referring to PSE4 as well as CS2 for the tools assistance. Without a doubt, PSP is more equivalent to CS2 in terms of functionality, and is an excellent value, but there's a lot to be said for using the program(s) others are to help you figure out the "how" (not just that it's possible). The step-by-step instructions are convertible IF you know where to look for the equivalent action.

Yes you do have to know where to look for and what the equivalent actions in PSP X are. I have both as I downloaded trial versions of both but I think im going to stick to CS2 as-well after doing some research and playing around with both for hours on end. CS2 just offers more control, and there are many tutorials online and help you cang et in photogrpahy forums for CS2. Two things I liked about PSP X is that the one touch fix up did a better job than CS2 sometimes, though, I easily get the best results, just messing with highlight/shadows and curves myself so that not very important. Also the PF removal tool is awesome in PSP X. Very very nice, all you do is click a button and it works absolutely perfectly. Im still searching for an easy PF removal action in CS2, I have to play around more, but it looks like I'll keep CS2 since I can get the student version still for $300, so might as-well put that to good use.

aboalreem:
well..I am trying to get photoshop CS2...cost is around $600....anyone has any tips of getting it cheaper or even free download legally? thanks

I've posted this before, but can do so again! :D

Find an old FULL version of PS. It could be PS1. What IS important is that you MUST be able to register it. MUST! If the version has been registered by another user, that user can contact Adobe, and transfer the registration to another individual.

Once that is done, you can purchase an upgrade. Upgrades for CS2 are about $150, and for CS you can find them in the $50~$100 range.

Maybe before we go on giving you advice, you should tell us what your goals are with a photo editing software tool. You certainly do NOT need CS2 if you are shooting jpg files, and doing very little in the way of editing.

I just checked the Adobe site as I plan to upgrade very soon and the price is $169.00.

LindaBluedolphin:
I just checked the Adobe site as I plan to upgrade very soon and the price is $169.00.

Shop around. I found it before I left for FL for $145. Unfortunately I did not bookmark the site, and I have no idea if I can find that price again. I'll be upgrading within 20 days (when my trial expires) so I'll post what I purchase and where once I do.

justleesa:
I dowloaded Adobes new beta program for free the other day...the one that is just for photography and doesn't have all the graphics stuff. Not too sure if I like it yet though

I downloaded it today. It seems to work really nicely, but I couldn't figure out how to save a photo before or after on it, and after cropping one of their samples, I couldn't go back the way I can in PS7. I'm not putting any of my own pics on it till I figure out how to use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom