photoshop CS2...download?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if "Gimp" supports olympus raw mode?

I have an old version of photoshop light but it hangs when I try and import oly raw mode. So I have to upgrade.

I hope that I don't have to buy a full version.

sjspeck:
Don't bother trying to get it off the web, CS2 has a validation process that goes to the Adobe website for verification, so even if you find a valid serial# it won't work.

I believe this was the quote I was referring too, and I was just pointing out you are wrong. Nothing else.

I dowloaded Adobes new beta program for free the other day...the one that is just for photography and doesn't have all the graphics stuff. Not too sure if I like it yet though

aboalreem:
well..I am trying to get photoshop CS2...cost is around $600....anyone has any tips of getting it cheaper or even free download legally? thanks

Maybe Photoshop Elements has what you need? It's about $100
Seems to have quite a lot of the Photoshop features, but not all (obviously)

I got a student version of 6.0 a few years back when I took a class via extension at the Community College. I can upgrade to CS2 anytime, but I need to upgrade my computer first.

GIMP yeah!!!
I love it, have just add some plugins that I really missed, like one for the fisheye lens distortion, one for the high and low lights and one for BW that lets you choose color/intensity of filters.
For very basic operations the PhotoFiltre is better and faster.

If you're just starting out, Photoshop Elements 4 is a good place to begin. Most of the tools you need are there for the common (and even more advanced) functions, I think it's exactly the same RAW converter as CS2, and hundreds less expensive.

Otherwise, register for the least expensive course you can find at your local community college and buy the Educational version.

I highly recommend Paint Shop Pro X. Its only $80, $10 less than PS Elements 4 and much better than Elements. In fact, its more of a rival to CS2 than Elements - you can do %98 of what you do with CS2 on PSP X. For example, Elements is missing the very nice Curves adjustment from CS2 whereas PSP X has it. It also has NR and Purple Fringing removal tools built-in as-well. You should go to Adobe.com and Corel.com and download trial versions of both and see what you like but I highly recommend PSP X - its very good considering the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom