Photos from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
good stuff young jedi...

wow, such kind words from the bald, dark lord from Yap... but I may stray to the darkside... Had a look thru the viewfinder on the D200... OMG, that is huge compared to the Canon 400D/ 350D. And the brightness is like day and night...

pakman:
wow, such kind words from the bald, dark lord from Yap... but I may stray to the darkside... Had a look thru the viewfinder on the D200... OMG, that is huge compared to the Canon 400D/ 350D. And the brightness is like day and night...

If you cross over, please consider this impoverished lens freak as a potential disposal for your cast-off Crapnon gear...

Just coverted some of the pics to Jpeg for Web.. will post it tonight... Dear Leader, don't you have to work?? :wink:

My real problem in Palau was not having the right lens for sharks.. the 15-30mm is too wide and the 60mm is too long.. so now I am looking for a cheap mid-range zoom. There is the Sigma 18-50mm (which Pakman uses) and there is the Tamron 17-50mm. Any other lens to recommend?

PS Sorry for the temporary highjack. Will return to topic later tonight..:)

Wow....pakman.....your photos are fantastic! I love their clarity, crispness, composition, and feel of it. Seriously exceptional!!!!!!!!!!

I've even made one as my desktop background image. :D

Keep it up! Really makes me wishes that I was at Palau yesterday!!!!

alcina:
Wolv - try the Sigma 17-70 macro...extremely versatile, sharp and fast on my Canon 20D.

pak - which tonkina are you using? (like i need to buy more lenses...)

Alcina- the new Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye. The Jellyfish lake, turtle, the wreck, and the napoleon wrasse shots were all shot with this lens. This lens is really turning out to be a must have for Canon crop sensor cameras.

Tim - here's a shot of a moray with the Sigma 18-50mm EX @50mm (slight crop). Real flexible lens. Surprisingly shoots well at it's widest (18mm) as well.

IMG_7766.jpg

Back
Top Bottom