Photos: Breakwater Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful pics.

great pics! I'll be doing some shore diving on Jan. 19th and 20th. Can you describe a good dive profile for Breakwater? I've never done a shore dive here so your input is appreciated. Thx, Chris

Robin,

Great pics, and as the others have said, thanks for sharing.

As for a good dive profile, I'd suggest doing the Metridium field, for the first dive it tends to be a little deeper. There is a pipeline that lines up almost perfectly with Reeside street. Swim out on the surface for a while about 200 yards or so, then follow the pipeline out to where it ends. Take a compass heading of due north and you should arrive at some rocks with the metridium before 30 kick cycles. Depending on how much air you and your buddy have, either head back to the pipe and follow that back or surface, you will have a long surface swim back in that case. For a second dive depending on conditions, going along the breakwater wall is a nice dive, just watch for fishing line, and maybe you will get lucky and have a sea lion nip at your fins. Your other option is to explore the rock structures with the kelp in the middle of San Carlos Beach or you can always explore the pipeline again. Either way, enjoy your diving.

Great shots Robin!!

What an amazing weekend of diving. We had at least 50ft vis on our first dive just outside Whalers and about 25-30ft inside the cove Sun. We saw 2 leopard sharks in the sand channel towards the end of the first dive. The first one was at least 4 ft long and 2nd one was probably about 3 ft long. That was my first leopard shark sighting and my housing lens was all fogged, so the pictures didn't come out very good. :depressed: Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try it again sometime soon. :blinking:

Here are some of my pics and videos from the weekend.
Monterey 12-20 and 12-21-08 - a set on Flickr

Nice photos Robin, It was fun running into you and Michelle as I was leaving. Sorry I missed Ben. Yes, conditions in the morning was unbelievably good. 30-40' vis, dead calm. Only thing, surface air temps never got above the low 50s I don't think, and in the afternoon a bit of a breeze came up. Still a super day at the BW.

Jeff, the dryglove system you showed us was so cool that I went to the dive shop today to have my rig checked out and bought a pair.

Michelle, I wish I could have joined you guys on Sunday. I have still not been able to get any photos at Lobos either from forgetting my camera or having a washout day there. Your pics are really cool. Img 3365 is incredible.

-Robin

Jeff, the dryglove system you showed us was so cool that I went to the dive shop today to have my rig checked out and bought a pair.

Michelle, I wish I could have joined you guys on Sunday. I have still not been able to get any photos at Lobos either from forgetting my camera or having a washout day there. Your pics are really cool. Img 3365 is incredible.

-Robin

Did they adjust your 1st stage and do you feel confident bringing it on the trip without diving it first? Did your LDC have the gloves in stock? I want a pair so bad now too! I may break my "no credit card use" rule just this once, so I can have them for the trip. :wink:

Yeah, Sun was much different than our last experience at Lobos. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom