Photon Torpedo Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarveyO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have first hand experience with one of these lights? Does anyone know where in the US or on-line one of these lights can be purchased? I'm considering it as a back up light.
Thanks in advance for any help.:14:

I have three.

I've purchased several for friends and dive buddies. They are rock solid, and have never, ever failed to strike - even after being ignored for hundreds of dives.

Here's the link to the site: http://www.cnsales.net/photontorpedopage.htm

I can't recommend them enough. HOWEVER - they are 3-C lights... so they're long. I'm moving to 2-C (or 4-AA) lights very soon. If you want a couple of them cheap, you can PM me.

I'll probably be offering them here for $65 ea (delivered) next week sometime, then they go to eBay.

---
Ken

Thanks for the information. That's just what I need. The length is something I need to consider. I don't know if you want to ship them to Hawaii, but I might just PM you once I've given this a thought or two.
Thanks again.

I have a PT with the LED upgrade, and it is a VERY bright and well-focused light. It is, however, large.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input. It makes "on-line equipment selection', a whole lot less risky. It's tough to select gear when the LDS's carry limited selections to check out "hands on".

Another :thumb:

I repaced my Canadian Extremes with Photon Torpedoes. They work great.
If I had it to do over, I'd consider the shorter version.

HarveyO:
Does anyone have first hand experience with one of these lights? Does anyone know where in the US or on-line one of these lights can be purchased? I'm considering it as a back up light.
Thanks in advance for any help.:14:

The Photon Torpedo LED is the best of the 3 'C' cell style backups I've ever used. And I've used:

Halcyon Scout
Halcyon Scout LED
Photon Torpedo
Photon Torpedo LED
Heser LED
DIY with a MAL insert

I can't recommend a PT-LED enough. They're awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom