Photon Torpedo Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I know PT-LED is using UK SL-4 head set, so you can upgrade to LED by yourself.
PT is a rock solid and much better than "H" scout light. I am looking forward to seeing 2 C-cell anytime soon.

DR back up light is the worst one based on my experience.

hoosier:
As I know PT-LED is using UK SL-4 head set, so you can upgrade to LED by yourself.
PT is a rock solid and much better than "H" scout light. I am looking forward to seeing 2 C-cell anytime soon.

DR back up light is the worst one based on my experience.

Really, the SL4 LED head is a drop in? How much can those be gotten for...?

URL]

URL]

URL]

SparticleBrane:
I can't recommend a PT-LED enough. They're awesome.

Is it because, "Plus, we use only the finest Dilithium Crystals, straight from the Triangulum Galaxy :)"

jagfish:
Well that's pretty convincing...anyone know what the UK LED inserts go for?
As far as I know, the SL4 upgrades aren't for sale by themselves. I asked Chuck Noe about the difference between his LED and UKs. He said it was the same OEM, although he didn't disclose if there were any difference between the two modules.

do it easy:
As far as I know, the SL4 upgrades aren't for sale by themselves. I asked Chuck Noe about the difference between his LED and UKs. He said it was the same OEM, although he didn't disclose if there were any difference between the two modules.
I see...thanks for that.

Chuck's dropped the price on his LED upgrades, so if you own a Photon torpedo, they're worth the purchase for an upgrade (comparable to buying a SL4 eLED). If buying brand new though, the price increase of the standard no longer makes it worth your while to do the SL4 eLed/PT purchase.

I have two PTs - one is about two years old and has 100+ dives on it, both now sport LED upgrades and work every time on time. Isn't that all you want from a back-up? I have even used one as an open water night dive primary after a HID head flood. It wasn't HID bright, but it was more than usable, both for signaling and sightseeing. Now if Chuck would just make a short body for those of us with short bodies...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom