Photolight tg6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!
Jeah maybe i will buy 1 light first and try it out. If its fine i will buy a second one.

How does the strobe work? Is it electical connected to the camera?

Thanks!
Jeah maybe i will buy 1 light first and try it out. If its fine i will buy a second one.

It is an optical fiber connection.

They are probably fine. There have been reports of rough edges on some of the cheaper clamps, thus harming the o-rings on the balls. Also, some parts that rusted a little too easily.
I probably would not have bought the trigger; the trigger idea is nice, but fiddly and unnecessary except maybe with thick gloves. My OMD Nauticam housing has no trigger; I just hold the camera with my right hand round the camera instead of around the tray handle.

You might want to put some Tef-Gel or equivalent on the SS screws that hold the aluminum parts together....if you ever get to salt water again!

They are probably fine. There have been reports of rough edges on some of the cheaper clamps, thus harming the o-rings on the balls. Also, some parts that rusted a little too easily.
I probably would not have bought the trigger; the trigger idea is nice, but fiddly and unnecessary except maybe with thick gloves. My OMD Nauticam housing has no trigger; I just hold the camera with my right hand round the camera instead of around the tray handle.

You might want to put some Tef-Gel or equivalent on the SS screws that hold the aluminum parts together....if you ever get to salt water again!

I checked mine over for rough edges, none found. All looks like good CNC machined fit. Good idea on the gel, I would imagine to prevent the electrolysis from dissimilar metals? I think the plan is to probably take it apart and let it soak after any salty stuff. I accidentally forgot about my regs soaking in the basement after a salty dive last weekend.... they soaked for a little over 36 hours... I don't think there's any vertigus left!

The trigger does in fact kinda suck. It was more than I wanted to spend on it for one. I pulled it all apart and made it the best I could. It works, and it feels ok. But with every shot the screw does back out just a little. Thankfully it's a long screw, so just tightening after is over is probably fine.

The trigger does in fact kinda suck. It was more than I wanted to spend on it for one. I pulled it all apart and made it the best I could. It works, and it feels ok. But with every shot the screw does back out just a little. Thankfully it's a long screw, so just tightening after is over is probably fine.
Can you install the screw from the other side, so it tightens with each use instead of loosens?

Can you install the screw from the other side, so it tightens with each use instead of loosens?

No, the screw that loosens goes into the trigger only from one side. It's not a huge deal, and it's very easy access to get to. For $30 I would have expected something more robust (maybe I'm naive thinking something scuba related could be $40 AND good:))

Good idea though. I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks!

This whole thread is around someone with a TG-6 getting bad photos using a video light: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/i-know-this-camera-can-do-better-advice.603678/unread
you can make lights work but it's a compromise - strobes produce so much more light they make getting nice pics a lot easier.

This whole thread is around someone with a TG-6 getting bad photos using a video light: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/i-know-this-camera-can-do-better-advice.603678/unread
you can make lights work but it's a compromise - strobes produce so much more light they make getting nice pics a lot easier.

Her issue is not the light she rushes shots and they are out of focus. If not staking video then yes strobes are better. I like to take video so I use video lights and get very good photos and video on my TG6. Camera tray is DIY.

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom