PhotoHikeDive Daily Dive Report thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
Dive report coming soon. Edited photos, but have to go to work.

Work? Pssshft.

Don't dare goto work without first posting dive report and photos.

Where's your dinner report? Inquiring minds want to know.

kchFLA:
Where's your dinner report? Inquiring minds want to know.

Very well, I suppose this is the most fitting forum (if not, I am sure we will know when it is put where dinner reports go.)

Maybe if I disguise it as a dive report.....

the meet was scheduled at 6 pm. We were going to a location that MDB and I had never been to before, but kchFLA knew very well. The plan was for us to meet kch at the location, and she would guide us from there. MDB and I arrived to Fort Walton early, so we took the opportunity to visit some of the local sites. One place was a local park, where we enountered a heron stealing bait fish from the fishermen.

thiefbird001.jpg

thiefbird002.jpg

thiefbird003.jpg

We then left there as we saw the meet time was drawing near. With a little time to kill, we meandered to the site. As we reached the parking area, an airplane buzzed over the hood of my truck. A small twin engine biplane crash landed into the field in front of the building that we had to enter before diving. The pilot laughed about the crash, picking up his plane in one hand He us that they are fun, and could be found at Walmart for about fourty dollars.

He was odd, so we left him as quickly as possible. kchFLA was already at the site, and she welcomed us in. We conversed about previous dives, and shared pictures. She told us about her dive prep, and kept a close eye on the conditions. A pair of dogs kept us entertained, while a show kept our attention as we waited for conditions to get just right before we hit the actual site. When ready we made our way to where things would get interesting.

The site itself was beautiful, a tall wooden table with interesting patterns and board placement. It was tall, with equally tall chairs. The conditions were a mix of some rice and sauce. Wildlife seen included shrimp, and pieces of bacon floating around the edges. There was quite a bit of greenery as well. A regular salad of vegetation. It all was very satisfying. The end of the dive was the sweetest though. A wave of "diet pie" was encountered. We all tore through it quickly, and decided to conclude the dive.

There was some interesting post activity conversation. I was wrangled into toting gear. The heaviest was the treadmill that had to be brought from the garage site to the livingroom location. It was interesting, because I had an audience. After some inner cursing, and a surprising lack of knuckle flesh removal, we were able to resume post activity conversation. MDB and I seemed to amuse kchFLA with our constant bickering. But finally I had to call it quits. I had a long drive, and I was already tired from the night's activities.

kchFLA walked us back to my (again) haphazzardly parked truck. The pilot was out, with another flyer. They were talking, most likely reliving glorious crashes. Explosions rang out as another neighbor detonated some fireworks. It was certainly time to go. kch made her way back to the relative safety of the building, and we drove away.

A good dive overall, I would certainly do it again. And would definately recomend it to anyone.

I can add some identifications - sauce is known as Shrimp Gravy. Traditionally found in the South Carolina low country but can occassionally be found in other locations. Diet Pie is the common name. Have been unable to locate the scientific name. Comes in a variety of species - chocolate, lemon, plain for topping with pie filling.

This or a similar "dive" experience can be provided with notice.

kchFLA:
This or a similar "dive" experience can be provided with notice. Young attractive men welcome. Not quite boytoys, need not apply!

hmmm, I guess I slipped in. since we all know I do not qualify for boytoy status, I guess I must have shot through to the other end of the scale.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom