Photo software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Lightroom and just do a couple of things in Photoshop. Still trying to find out how to put in a nice border in LR.

Lightroom here for underwater (xz2) and dslr (pentax) ... results of white balance correction (2 clicks) as below, without a great deal of talent :) have been using lightroom since V2

turtle-combined.jpg

bumphead.jpg

Steve

right now I do mostly video just because the GoPro is really difficult to do still shots with gloves because buttons are too small
.......................Editing video vs still pics IMO is a different story....As I said, I don't do very many videos---example: last trip in a 5 dive stretch I took that one video I posted above.........I'm thinking you'll need to spend some $$ to get quality video editing going.....good luck......

I've got Photoshop as well as Lightroom. For stills, I personally use Photoshop and Bridge. I can't seem to get the hang of Lightroom's workflow. It's just not logical to me. Those that use Lightroom really like it and it can be had for a fraction of the cost of Photoshop. As previously mentioned, find someone who is a student or works at a school (I used to teach) and try to get their discount. I've also tried GIMP but found it really klutzy.

Also, as previously mentioned always use Raw (if you're camera has that ability) as it'll allow the most flexibility for exposure and white balance during post processing.

For video, if you've got a Mac, iMovie is pretty hard to beat. If you take your video in Raw, you'll be amazed at what the editing tools in iMovie will be able to bring out. If you've got a PC, I understand Moviemaker is very good also.

Jim

I've got Photoshop as well as Lightroom. For stills, I personally use Photoshop and Bridge. I can't seem to get the hang of Lightroom's workflow. It's just not logical to me. Those that use Lightroom really like it and it can be had for a fraction of the cost of Photoshop. As previously mentioned, find someone who is a student or works at a school (I used to teach) and try to get their discount. I've also tried GIMP but found it really klutzy.

Also, as previously mentioned always use Raw (if you're camera has that ability) as it'll allow the most flexibility for exposure and white balance during post processing.

For video, if you've got a Mac, iMovie is pretty hard to beat. If you take your video in Raw, you'll be amazed at what the editing tools in iMovie will be able to bring out. If you've got a PC, I understand Moviemaker is very good also.

Jim

Does LR have quick one button editing like photoshop? Thnx

Yes, and it works very well.

Does LR have quick one button editing like photoshop? Thnx

Thank You

Quick example.

The original

PICT0155-2.jpeg

One click of the tone control button

PICT0155-3.jpeg

Admittedly a poor picture but you can see that one click will fix a lot of problems.

Back
Top Bottom