Photo Gallery Issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 0x95 -quality 80 -geometry 0x95 '/home/zephyr/public_html/gallery/data/3790/thumbs/FallingWater251.jpg'

Last several occassions I've uploaded to the photo gallery I've had to upload and repeat several times with several similar errors. Its really really annoying, as is the upload feature uploading photos from the past, for no apparent reason.

I am still getting the error every now and then. I have not figured out exactly what is going on (if it is the server or something with my uploading. It seemed that if I uploaded one at a time it worked, but it could have just been fortuitous timing. I haven't tried toady though.

Is there a problem today with photo uploading on SB? Both this morning and again tonight I was uploading photos to my photos, and after the wait to load the ones I picked, and the command said they were loaded, they had simply disappeared.

ok skip this sorry

K. Too bad, I was hoping you were trying to shed some light on my delema, but that some how I was missing your point. :wink:
Sorry. The V-board photo gallery is awful, I know. As many as I have there, I have many others I just didn't bother loading. Every other pic host site I have every used is so much simpler, faster, better, etc.

I don't know how many pics you were loading, the size range on the pics, or the method you were using. I have learned to...
1: Use Microsoft's Image Sizer to resize the whole lot of 1-5 mb pics to "large" which produces 1028x768 full screen pics at around 100-200 Kb each;

2: Group them in sub-folders of less than 2 Mb each - it used to be 4, but I think it's 2 now;

3: Zip the folders;

4: Load the first zipped folder then follow thru with the steps to complete loading;

5: And some more details that I cannot describe fully at the moment having not done it in a year.​
Did you use a similar approach...?

No Don, I am much less experienced at both photography and downloading pics. I'll play with your suggestions. I was choosing 10 pics from my hard drive and simply downloading directly. Worked @75% of the time, but not yesterday at all. Thanks again, Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom