Philippines Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveguide.com

Registered
Reaction score
I was invited to join the Expolorer Fleets, Borneo Explorer for their week long Visayan trip. This trip covers the hotspots of Cebu, Malapasqua Island, Moalboal, Dumaguete, Apo Island and Bohol. Well........ the first dive of the trip, a morning dive was in Malapasqua and lucky enough enjoyed seeing a Thresher Shark for the first time in my life. I could have packed up and gone home happy.

The food on this trip was delicious and plentiful, a nice mix of asian and western dishes. The Philippines has wonderful fruit and are enjoyed during meals. I find the Mangos of the Philippines maybe the best in the world. Warm towels are provided after every dive. During this trip you have the ability to see many things like Whale Sharks, Thresher Sharks, White Reef Tip Sharks, Frog Fish (BFFF), Lion Fish, Scorpian Fish, Eels, Rays, Mandarin Fish courting and mating at sunset, Nudibranchs and lots of macro too.

I can honestly recommend this trip to people who want to dive the Philippines and see some of the best diving the Central Visayas offers.

Please Visit:
diveguide.com/expeditionfleet/borneoexplorer/index.htm

Mabuhay,
Jamie Connor - Owner Diveguide.com

One island is not better than the other. Cebu and all islands around Cebu have world class diving.

Boat could use a bit of work, but very enjoyable and interesting side dive decks. Food, staff and diving was excellent.

I dived Tubbataha earlier this year onboard the Borneo Explorer and really enjoyed it. I concur... the food and staff were excellent! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom