Philippines, Here we come. Need info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, now that we agreed on Visayas I need some recommendations on where to dive and where to stay.
We are not looking for something fancy, maybe a bungalo on the beach.
In general, I don't know how are things going over there (going from one place to another, one Island to another). I would be happy to hear some comments.

pitri:
1. Is there a season of the year for each Island ?

I hope not:shakehead

7,107 island x 4 seasons / year = 28,428 seasons / year:11:

28,428 seasons / year = 77.88 seasons / day:11:

77.88 seasons / day = 3.25 seasons / hour:11:

3.25 seasons / hour = 18 minutes 28 seconds per season.:11:

Pack your woolies...:D

...(yes, I'm bored:( )

thepurplehammerhead:
I hope not:shakehead

7,107 island x 4 seasons / year = 28,428 seasons / year:11:

28,428 seasons / year = 77.88 seasons / day:11:

77.88 seasons / day = 3.25 seasons / hour:11:

3.25 seasons / hour = 18 minutes 28 seconds per season.:11:

Pack your woolies...:D

...(yes, I'm bored:( )
we only have 2 seasons... "wet" and "dry"

sometimes it's also "election season" and "all else"

Jag

If you go to Puerto Gallera, the diving is great, the hiking is great, the locals are beyond friendly. But two things that you won't find in any literature (and Pinoys are embarrased to admit):

1) Any view from Sabang or Small Lalaguna in Puerto Galera is going to be marred by massive oil storage ranks across the strait. It looks like New Jersey.

2) Prostitutes are EVERYWHERE as well as the nasty Germans and Arabs who frequent them. Watching an obese kraut ogle an impoverished teenage local can quickly kill the romantic dinner you had planned with your wife.

In Boracay the diving is not as good as PG, much of the coral was beached. But it is a beautiful island, it is fun, and clean. Not like Puerto. Cebu was very nice, but I only made a few dives there.

If you go to Puerto Galera, I recommend renting a cottage in Big or Small Lalaguna. The sex trade stays in Sabang and the view of the oil tanks isnt as bright.

Most operators rent bc,reg and wet suits.

paolov:
hmmmm...... sige na nga :D... (i'll let it go this time:D)

Thank you sir. You are a very generous man. :wink:

NYC-Diver:
1) Any view from Sabang or Small Lalaguna in Puerto Galera is going to be marred by massive oil storage ranks across the strait. It looks like New Jersey.

You gotta be kidding me??? Nothing like Jersey. First of all, you can barely see the refineries from the beaches of PG and its just a couple oil tanks here and there.

NYC-Diver:
2) Prostitutes are EVERYWHERE as well as the nasty Germans and Arabs who frequent them. Watching an obese kraut ogle an impoverished teenage local can quickly kill the romantic dinner you had planned with your wife... If you go to Puerto Galera, I recommend renting a cottage in Big or Small Lalaguna. The sex trade stays in Sabang and the view of the oil tanks isnt as bright.

Where were you staying?? Yes there is prostitution, but I would hardly call it an in-your-face red light district with street walkers harassing tourists. You're making it sound like PG is another Pattaya Beach...

BTW, Did you see any bald Canadian guys ogling young filipinas? (sorry just a inside joke here with the PPD...)

NYC-Diver:
If you go to Puerto Gallera, the diving is great, the hiking is great, the locals are beyond friendly. But two things that you won't find in any literature (and Pinoys are embarrased to admit):

2) Prostitutes are EVERYWHERE as well as the nasty Germans and Arabs who frequent them. Watching an obese kraut ogle an impoverished teenage local can quickly kill the romantic dinner you had planned with your wife.

In Boracay the diving is not as good as PG, much of the coral was beached. But it is a beautiful island, it is fun, and clean. Not like Puerto. Cebu was very nice, but I only made a few dives there.

If you go to Puerto Galera, I recommend renting a cottage in Big or Small Lalaguna. The sex trade stays in Sabang and the view of the oil tanks isnt as bright.

Most operators rent bc,reg and wet suits.

1. You must have pretty good eyes to see those oil tanks so far away.

2. My girlfriend and I have had no such problems having a romantic dinner. Although in North America I've seen a drunk, rich old man groping his 20 year old trophy girlfriend when we've gone out to dinner.

Perhaps someone with such a narrow view would see "terrible" things at any resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom