Philippines, Here we come. Need info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
Whoops, LOL. Sorry Dennis!! I was definitely referring to the OTHER Canadian...:eyebrow:

The one residing between Manila and Hawaii perhaps? :D

Not only were bald Canadians ogling the prostitues, so were terrorist masterminds. Perhaps one of the most infamous open water students of all times took his Padi course in Puerto Galera -- Khalid Sheik Mohammed -- architect of 9/11.

See below section in Private Life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Shaikh_Mohammed

Too bad he couldn't have just blown up all the ugly oil tanks.

Agreed that Sabang is no Pattaya, but the sex trade was very in your face when I was a regular visitor between 2000 and 2002.

NYC-Diver:
Not only were bald Canadians ogling the prostitues, so were terrorist masterminds. Perhaps one of the most infamous open water students of all times took his Padi course in Puerto Galera -- Khalid Sheik Mohammed -- architect of 9/11.

See below section in Private Life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Shaikh_Mohammed

Too bad he couldn't have just blown up all the ugly oil tanks.

Agreed that Sabang is no Pattaya, but the sex trade was very in your face when I was a regular visitor between 2000 and 2002.

NYC Diver, LOL... that wikipedia bit on Mohammed's private life is hilarious...

Hey, I'm not blaming Puerto for inspiring the murderer. Just pointing out the sleazy characters it attracts -- from lecherous reprobates to international terrorists.

The diving is still amazing!!!

I'm just saying that I've seen much worse in other places I've traveled to and I don't want people to get the wrong impression. I respect the fact that you felt that way when you were there but I see it differently.

I love the Philippines and have revisited since moving back to NYC. I'd totally love to make another trip there one day. I'd take a dive on the Sabang Wreck over the Stolt Dagali wreck in New York any day. :)

But, I just got to say if a couple is expecting a romantic tropical getaway, it's fair to point out that if they book a cottage in Sabang, to expect the tinkling lights of not too distant oil tanks and vibrant sex trade. Some can ignore it, others can feel cheated, especially if they flew to the other side of the world and spent a year saving up for it.

NYC-Diver:
Hey, I'm not blaming Puerto for inspiring the murderer. Just pointing out the sleazy characters it attracts -- from lecherous reprobates to international terrorists.
He has a point, after all it is popular with people from the US Embassy. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom