Phase I: Guinness Record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth once bubbled...
Man this is a ambious plan.

Well, keep in mind that it's really a couple of plans tied together only in their likenesses.

The real focus at this point needs to be Phase 1, with an eye on Phase 5.

I'm kinda stunned that I haven't heard much from the naysayers yet. :) I love entertaining myself with a dream... Then turning it into a goal... Then turning it into a plan... Then turning it into a reality. I've done it many times, and this won't be any different.

But because of my familiararity with this procedure, I'm quite accustomed to what happens at each individual point... When it's just a dream, I rarely share it any more because it's so easy for naysayers to whack it around a bit and beat you up for dreaming. When it becomes a goal (putting a time frame to it), the naysayers get a little more serious about their naysaying. By the time you develop the plan, those people are damn near mad and go to great lengths to tell you why you'll never get this done. Many times, they don't shut up even long after the dream's a reality.

...Anyway, I fully expected to hear quite a bit from them on this thread... And I simply haven't. Strange. Are they planning on jumping me later? :D

I know what you mean on GI3 his personality can be abrasive to some, but then you hear from other people with the completely different opinon(maybe hes the type you have to meet to make a definative opinon)

Yeah, I've met him once... And it wasn't enough to really make a judgement. But man, he can be a real jerk online. I just don't get it... Why he needs to be that way.

But what the hell do I know? He's been doing this a long time; what seems to me to be "jerky" might be a response to the way people treated him... I have no idea. I just dont know if I need to place myself in a position of having to deal with personality conflicts during my dives.

as for the doria, man that sounds intresting and that would be a impressive group for a expedition.

That's what I was thinking, too... I mean, heck... If I could dive with anyone I wanted, who would I choose? So I looked at it realistically, and thought, "MHK, AndrewG, JJ..."

as for the scooter thing would sound intresting, but saturation sounds a little much, but then again thats just a little ways down the road.

Yeah... Certainly that dive would be much simpler if the shallower depths were stuck to; nonetheless, it may be managable, adding to the "realism" of the dive. After all, I sorta feel like I'm cheating if I never go below 25' :)

Like you said, we'll see how that goes.

well if you get a facility in the next month or so , and if you plan it between x-mas and new years, i would be in the area to help out (the group from texas is still planning on making a run to florida in that last week of december)

Dan

That's the idea, Dan... A facility in the next couple of months. I'll keep you posted.

Scubatooth once bubbled...

<braces for impact> just wondering how well did you do , if you dont mind me asking

I did OK. It was on TV. Check your PM for more info. :) R

She's being waaaay too humble.

She competed in the Mrs. America pageant in Hawaii. While she didn't become Mrs. America, for her to compete at all meant that she had to first win the Mrs. South Carolina pageant. So yes, she was Mrs. South Carolina for '99/2000.

But that's not all. Tell them about the other pageants, honey.

I'm awfully proud of her.... Let me be frank here: It's awesome to be best friends with someone who's so accomplished. She doesn't act at all like someone might expect a beauty queen to act; she's super down-to-earth and frankly, to me, she's just my buddy. :) But she's very humble about the whole experience, too... And in some cases, too much so. :) This is one of those cases.

She's also not telling you that she's a straight A student at the local University. a great Mom and a fantastic diver. :D She doesn't much fit the stereotype of the "beauty queen." :D

...And fellas, sorry... She's defintely spoken for, and no, she has no sisters. :(

lol

SJ nice line ot head them off at the pass.

as for GI yeah i think that some people get a little more courage behind a keyboard and compter screen then they do person but then again you may be correct about he may just have a knee jerk reaction because of how hes been treated.

as for the plans i guess the bigger he better, go for the gold.

raven :wink: thanks to modest.

later

I went looking for a pic or list of winners from the 1999 or 2000 Mrs. South Carolina pageant, and it appears there's a lot more than one way to be crowned Mrs. South Carolina. There's Mrs South Carolina, USA, There's Mrs. United States, South Carolina. and there's even a Mrs. South Carolina, United Nations.

But I haven't come across any listings or pictures with RavenC in it for us all to gawk at, er, to appreciate. (And I pride myself on finding things on the net... and yes, I know not to look for "RavenC". I did find out plenty about the scuba club at the college, LCS, etc. )

Sooo, I came up empty.

SeaJay once bubbled...
She's being waaaay too humble.

She competed in the Mrs. America pageant in Hawaii. While she didn't become Mrs. America, for her to compete at all meant that she had to first win the Mrs. South Carolina pageant. So yes, she was Mrs. South Carolina for '99/2000.

But that's not all. Tell them about the other pageants, honey.

I'm awfully proud of her.... Let me be frank here: It's awesome to be best friends with someone who's so accomplished. She doesn't act at all like someone might expect a beauty queen to act; she's super down-to-earth and frankly, to me, she's just my buddy. :) But she's very humble about the whole experience, too... And in some cases, too much so. :) This is one of those cases.

She's also not telling you that she's a straight A student at the local University. a great Mom and a fantastic diver. :D She doesn't much fit the stereotype of the "beauty queen." :D

...And fellas, sorry... She's defintely spoken for, and no, she has no sisters. :(

Allen42 once bubbled...
I went looking for a pic or list of winners from the 1999 or 2000 Mrs. South Carolina pageant, and it appears there's a lot more than one way to be crowned Mrs. South Carolina. There's Mrs South Carolina, USA, There's Mrs. United States, South Carolina. and there's even a Mrs. South Carolina, United Nations.

Weeeeell, that's true, but the big one is Mrs. America... It's the "Miss America" version that's held in Atlantic City - the one that's televised and so well known. Same agency; "Miss" means "unmarried." "Mrs." means "married." She was married at the time. (Not to me.)

It was the "big agency" that bestowed opon her the crown.

Here's a link: http://www.mrsamerica.com Of course, to be considered a candidate for Mrs. America, you first need to win the state title ("Mrs. South Carolina," "Mrs. California," etc.) She was Mrs. South Carolina 1999-2000 and competed in Mrs. America and placed tenth, I believe.

Honey, tell them about Miss Va... C'mon... Please? :)

Oh, and puhleeeze tell them the story about when that girl tried claiming your title... The one that told everyone that she was Mrs. South Carolina? What a hoot...

The bonus is when she goes to today's pageants to represent her year on stage... I get to hang out with all of these pretty women... :D Believe it or not, the husbands are super-cool, too. Everyone seems quite successful and positively-minded. It's a good group of people... Mostly professionals, business owners, and the like, all having a good time while their wives stress and work hard to come out on top. And you know what? I've seen an interesting characteristic... Even though some of them have been married for years, and even though they sometimes have extended family, they still tend to act like she and I do... Stupid silly and immature. They always seem enamored with each other - an unusual characteristic, and something that annoys some of you here on this board. :)

Have you talked to the guys in the Philippines? John Bennet and Frank Doyle are some of the best technical divers in the world. John holds the deep dive record at 308m.

Allen42 once bubbled...

But I haven't come across any listings or pictures with RavenC in it for us all to gawk at, er, to appreciate. (And I pride myself on finding things on the net... and yes, I know not to look for "RavenC". I did find out plenty about the scuba club at the college, LCS, etc. )

Sooo, I came up empty.

It is true that there are different titles and versions of pageants however, in the Mrs. America system you absolutely have to compete and win your state title to continue to Nationals. I have PMed you a URL for my Mrs. SC America website. If you want other information or pictures I can post that too. R

SeaJay, thanks for being proud of me and for your support. R

RavenC once bubbled...
SeaJay, thanks for being proud of me and for your support. R

:wink: You betcha, babe. :)

...So are you going to tell them about Miss Virginia? Or the story about the girl who tried to BS her way about being Mrs. SC?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom