PG accomodation options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Traminer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys.... heading up to PG in late October for my virgin trip (hopefully not after this trip) and doing some research on where to stay and who to do. Was wondering if you nice friendly people have any suggestions on the logistics involved while diving off PG.

Have checked with the friendly people in Atlantis and El Galleon but they are a bit too expensive for my tastes as I'm trying to save some money for that new Suunto D6. Are there budget/guesthouse options with AC/cable but no Flintstone frills available in PG?

How far apart are the beaches, eg Big/Small La Laguna Beach, White Beach, Sabang Beach? Are they within walking distances of each other?

Thanks for any suggestions!! :eyebrow:

if u wanna dive with Asia Divers, you can stay at Sunsplash resort, it's just right beside Club Mabuhay, they have cheaper rates over there I think, not sure about the aircon and cable luxury, but a lot cheaper and decent rooms with fan and private baths. I just dont have the contact info, IRIS?!

Sabang Beach, Big and Small Lalaguna are walking distance, White Beach is on the other side, you need to take a jeep or rent a motor cycle to go there.

you could also try Sha Che Inn, it's about 150meters from El Galleon. they have a/c, cable tv, hot showers and a pantry with cooking implements. rates are cheaper than El Galleon of course. for diving, Asia Divers and Atlantis would be very good choices.

Sha Che Inn - Cresing (forgot her surname)

mobile numbers:

I stay before cheap budget range accommodation next to Lalaguna Beach Club "Fernando guesthouse"
Traminer:
Are there budget/guesthouse options with AC/cable but no Flintstone frills available in PG?

Thanks for these.. will check them out but I doubt these places will have a VR walkthrough or 360 views around the rooms online.. :)

Should I just show up at the door with my dive gear and expect a room to be available? Am planning to travel over the long weekend in Singapore over 19 to 24 October...

even at high-season, there are always rooms around lalaguna area as long as your not picky with the type of accomodations..

They're next to Portofino and they have a deal for a small studio which is pretty reasonable, good breakfasts included and in a nice quiet location (see their website)...or there's Sabang Inn which is also inexpensive but in a busier section.
HTH

Here's Sunsplash contact info. Just look for Rolf: +639185054617 it's in small la laguna which is a decent walking distance away from sabang and big la laguna. for white beach, you have to rent a boat or if you want to tour pg by land, rent a motorbike or a scooter. will try to look for that cool map someons posted for the DoRIII. it helped us a lot in choosing where to stay.

Last few times in PG I stayed at Gerlie's Inn for 700 pesos/night, though that's with fan only. The rooms have an AC, but if you want to use it you pay double (and you really may not need it. I wouldn't have used it even if it had been free).

PM me for phone numbers if you want, but what I have done and would do myself is to just drop my gear and other luggage off at my chosen dive shop and then walk around the beach, check out some hotels and pick one that suits my tastes. The best places (El Galeon, etc.) may be fully booked, but others like Gerlie's and Sha Che have always had rooms without advance reservation when I've gone there.

Another place that used to be cheap for both diving and living (not sure anymore) was the Scandinavian Divers, but that may require an advance reseravation as it was fully booked last summer when I visited. Also, it's at one end of the beach, so pretty far off many other places... maybe about 20 min walk to El Galeon iirc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom