pets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friends of ours had a pet ocelot. It was orphaned as a kitten and was raised in the house until he got too big then they built him a pen outdoors that ran the length of the house. The family loved him but he got a little too dangerous and they eventually gave him to a reserve near Puebla I think. I hope he found a girlfriend there, when I saw him last he was getting frisky with a plush toy reindeer.

11858455-M.jpg

This is inside his pen.

14053230-M.jpg

21451928-M.jpg

I think you're right, Andy. Thanks for doing the research, I was curious as well.

i love cats!

frefall2: awesome animal... just beautiful

Me too. I have a 15# former feral kitty, myself. She's strictly an indoor cat, now. She has so much more personality than any other cat I've ever had.

lol

my wife and i have eight cats

seven of which are feral:

Riley: found on a farm; his littermates were eaten by coyotes. had no hair and
a stomach something. vet said he wouldn't live. he's essentially domesticated now. he is a very charming cat. all cats seem to love Riley.

Cali: stray kitten we found at our new house. she ran across the street all the
time on her wobbly legs. took her in. she still won't let us pet her too close,
only at arm's length.

Collin: after getting a bunch of stray cats neutered, we obviously missed one
and she had two kittens. we trapped them both. one died from possibly
FIP; Collin is strong and healthy BUT will barely let us touch him. we can touch
his nose, that's about it.

Nigel: found at the same farm as Riley. Deaf. Nigel is fearless. he is completley
tame. very sweet cat.

Marley: i was working on my bike on the back yard when i saw fur in the elephant
ear's. i went to investigate... two kittens took off, one stayed there. he couldn't
move. i brought him inside, and he wobbled to the food dish and the water dish.
he pooped for three days straight. then he got all better. Marley is very sweet
and completley tame. he is the smartest cat i've ever seen. he can invent things
to do and amuse himself all day. he has taught the other cats how to open certain
doors, how to open the cabinets, and he's a killer bug hunter.

Gabe and Emily: after another round of neutering, again we missed somebody, a
and Gabe and Emily were born (their sibling, Cowsy, died young). Emily has a heart
problem, and we could feel her heart through her chest. at one point, she was
pooping so much she kept getting dehydrated. we had to force-feed her, including
water. she's fine now. Gabe is a big sweet cat, but the most cowardly cat you
have ever seen. he's huge, but acts like he's a tiny thing.

ahhh, my dog is "Marley". what good taste you have. he gets called Bob a lot.

lol

our marely is a russian blue, so he gets called blue marly, blue boy, blue man

my wife calls him Marley-poo, the blue demon, marley-parley-poo

oy

Jcsgt:
Me too. I have a 15# former feral kitty, myself. She's strictly an indoor cat, now. She has so much more personality than any other cat I've ever had.

Here's our 15# former feral kitty, Shea-Shea... sleeping by our XBOX....... she thinks she is a 1337 haxx0r! w00t!

Shea-Shea strolled right into the office at the Rooms to Go where my wife worked as the office manager. We brought her home, and she has been in charge ever since.

714061626_l.jpg

This next picture is of Slicky, also an urchin, who came meowling into our house when he was still a kitten. He was covered head to tail with motor oil or something like that, like he was a fugitive from the Exxon Valdez or something... hence, Slick.

714050240_l.jpg

He used to be an only cat, but now takes orders from Shea-Shea.

Cool cat stories! They all look/sound like sweet kittens.

Isn't it funny how the strays have the best personalities? My cat, Retta Ann (no pic available, since I don't know how to post online) has a very extensive vocabulary and speaks in multiple syllables. It's almost scary sometimes. She's so smart that one time, when I took her to "Grandma's" before a trip, she even spelled "Mom" with her Meow Mix! Okay, okay, I only helped her a little bit to impress my mother. Mom wasn't impressed, by the way--she's well aware of my sick sense of humor.

Doesn't Shea-Shea mean "thank you" in Chinese?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom