pets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a husband once. Both an exotic and a stray.

BTW, Marley is adorable. Looks like my cat Slim Shady when he was a kitten. Shady is the "pussy" cat.:D

Jcsgt:
Is it some kind of ocelot? What a gorgeous animal!

I "think" (though I could be very wrong) that it may be an F2 Bengal... It oculd very well be an ocelot...

Having said that, I have an F4 Bengal - and he is pretty much like a baby leopard. the way he growls, moves and even meows is just so much more big cat like. If you "really" want a big cat, without having a big cat, try a Bengal...

I'd pos tpics, but I don't thinkt he pics sectionis working...

Z...

Fellow cat lover by the way, apart form the Bengal, I also have a pure white cat (Ruby) that I found on a ocnstruction site a few years back. she was tiny, and maybe 2 weeks old. she is the sweetest cat, though she doesn't like to be picked up, she is quit ehappy to be petter and played with. :)

z...

How could I forget about little Tater? Friends of ours here have a coatimundi. It's kind of like a little anteater. She is fun to play with, bites but not hard, and looks like she is laughing all the time. Too funny.

73125391-M.jpg

73127652-M.jpg

When I was a kid, my dad rescued two baby skunks, whose mother had been run over by a car. They fit right in with our family, including our cats. The skunks would curl up with the cats and sleep.

When playing, the skunks would kind of bound toward their "target", stop so suddenly on their two front legs that their back feet would come off the ground and turn their tail toward the "threat". It was so cute!

I have to exotic rottweilers...ha,ha,ha....130lb. Black Angus and 97lb. Dakota
I believe that exotics should stay where they belong in their natural habitats.

Scuba65:
I have to exotic rottweilers...ha,ha,ha....130lb. Black Angus and 97lb. Dakota
I believe that exotics should stay where they belong in their natural habitats.

I agree, unless the animal can no longer survive on its own in the wild.

Right now my pets consist of a Labrador Retreiver- Raven (I know, that's not very exotic) and an Afican Grey Parrot- Pretty Baby. PrettyBaby has quite a vocabulary. She says," good morning/ night, Hello, good- bye, Here puppy, puppy, puppy or kitty, kitty, kitty, Call 1-800, call Gieco (the insurance company- got it off the TV), you be good". She can chuckle like me and ring like a telephone. She has also picked up some....er, unlady- like language from me...Oops!:D I have to admit she keeps things interesting. Another rather exotic animal (dogs) that my family used to raise, when I was growing up was Old English Mastiffs. These dogs woul reach a height of about 34" at the shoulders and a couple of our male dogs wieghed 220+ #'s in their prime. We got teased all the time that they were horses, not dogs. All my pets, past present & future have always & will always hold a special place in my heart.

Aren't those parrots just too smart for their own good?

As far as unlady-like lingo, I'm just glad that my cat isn't quite able to form the words, though sometimes I think she tries very hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom