Petite Diver cannot find full 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theredotcom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone,
I absolutely cannot find a store or website that carries a wet suit for my girlfriend. She is 5'2'' and weighs about 105.

I have been in contact directly with Body Glove, Oneill, and Aqualung manufacturers, and they apparently don't make dive suits for small women or kids anymore. I know Henderson and some other brands make smaller suits, but I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know a site or location in southern California that sells smaller suits? Please help.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,
I absolutely cannot find a store or website that carries a wet suit for my girlfriend. She is 5'2'' and weighs about 105.

I have been in contact directly with Body Glove, Oneill, and Aqualung manufacturers, and they apparently don't make dive suits for small women or kids anymore. I know Henderson and some other brands make smaller suits, but I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know a site or location in southern California that sells smaller suits? Please help.

Thanks!

Sounds like you might have to go the custom route......Here's one place that I would recommend.....call & ask for Carolyn the owner, she can probably help ya'll out---

LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You.

Someone that small is likely to get cold pretty easily before you spend the money on a custom wetsuit you might want to investigate the drysuit route.

Contact Bamamedic2.0 on the list as she may can point you in the right direction as to where she purchased her from. I would be also Phil from Dive Sports can get ya set right up with a nice fitting Henderson's.

Good Luck.

Kenny

She is like me...short and hard to fit. I wear Henderson Hperstrech (I have four: 3mm jumpsuit, 3mm short, 7mm jumpsuit w/ 7mm corewarmer for layering) - it really stretches to hug the body for a custom fit from a stock size. The superstrech really makes them easy to don & doff too. Looks like your girlfriend might be a stock size 4.
I just checked out scuba.com and scubatoys.com and both carry 7/5 Henderson Hyperstrech Womens size 4 Jumpsuits for around $400 or so.

For custom suits, some of my friends have ordered from www.jmjwetsuits.com in Torrance. Also there is New Wave Wetsuits (ask for Teresa) www.horizonwetsuits.com in Orange Co that makes custom suits.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Bare has a youth line and it includes the cold water models!

Try Pinnacle. Their suits are cut small even thought they may say 12-14. So try them. Try their small suit first, I bet it will fit her. Let me know how things turn out.

Small people have a disadvantageous surface area to volume ratio and get real cold real quick. Make sure that any custom suit she gets is made of Rubatex GN-231. It's warmer and compress less at depth.

If she's that small. she's gonna get cold in any SoCal waters. If the diving takes, pop for a custom drysuit if you have the shekels.

My professor at Cal was about that size and stature, she did fine in NorCal waters in a custom 7mm Rubatex suit (attached hood, no zippers, farmer jane, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom