Petite Diver cannot find full 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Everyone,
I absolutely cannot find a store or website that carries a wet suit for my girlfriend. She is 5'2'' and weighs about 105.

I have been in contact directly with Body Glove, Oneill, and Aqualung manufacturers, and they apparently don't make dive suits for small women or kids anymore. I know Henderson and some other brands make smaller suits, but I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know a site or location in southern California that sells smaller suits? Please help.

Thanks!

Are you going to dive here in SoCal? If so, try a Whites Fusion Drysuit, they have one that will fit her.

For a custom wetsuit, I used New Wave Wetsuits. Theresa, the owner will fit your girlfriend perfectly. You won't be disappointed.
New Wave Wetsuits - Custom Made, Custom Fit, Repairs and Alterations

Hello Everyone,
I absolutely cannot find a store or website that carries a wet suit for my girlfriend. She is 5'2'' and weighs about 105.

I have been in contact directly with Body Glove, Oneill, and Aqualung manufacturers, and they apparently don't make dive suits for small women or kids anymore. I know Henderson and some other brands make smaller suits, but I have yet to find one.

Does anyone know a site or location in southern California that sells smaller suits? Please help.

Thanks!

I am exactly her size, and I have a Waterproof 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm. They make an XS short - which is perfect. It is a fantastic suit with anatomical cut (inluding bends for elbow and knees). Not cheap -but well worth it.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

Check out WetWear. They make excellent custom wetsuits.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

My fiancee is approximately that size. She has been using Akona suits for a few years and they fit her like a glove.

Thanks everyone for responses. I have since found several options online (which I really hate to do for a wetsuit that NEEDS to fit like a glove). I guess I am just perplexed that sport chalet doesn't carry any small woman's/youth 7mils anymore.

It seems Leisurepro has a good return/exchange policy for things that need to fit... If you know/have heard otherwise please speak up :)

Thanks guys.

My wife is 5'.

I am only 5'4" and we have purchased many wet suits and a a few dry suits during our diving careers.

I recently bought a Fusion dry suit (abt $1500). It feels and dives like a 1 mm wet suit but is a dry suit. Really , you should look at this. A dry suit that dives like a wet suit. Extremely flexible (better than a wet suit and definitely any dry suit.)

Please email me is curious.

puttzer04@likeicare.com

Thanks everyone for responses. I have since found several options online (which I really hate to do for a wetsuit that NEEDS to fit like a glove). I guess I am just perplexed that sport chalet doesn't carry any small woman's/youth 7mils anymore.

It seems Leisurepro has a good return/exchange policy for things that need to fit... If you know/have heard otherwise please speak up :)

Thanks guys.

Where in SoCal are you? There is a shop in La Verne that carries Aqualung suits in your size. Welcome to Sharky's Eco Diving Good folks there as well.

So in colder waters, is it not easier to slip on a drysuit rather than argue with 7mm of rubba and a short tonne of lead weights? I now dive dry in the fall/winter in southern Florida where the water is still warmer than SoCal in the summer.
Again, I make the caveat that this is a serious adoption of diving as a major recreational activity and not a casual once-a-year frolic.

So in colder waters, is it not easier to slip on a drysuit rather than argue with 7mm of rubba and a short tonne of lead weights? I now dive dry in the fall/winter in southern Florida where the water is still warmer than SoCal in the summer.
Again, I make the caveat that this is a serious adoption of diving as a major recreational activity and not a casual once-a-year frolic.
Actually I do not think it is. A good fitting 7mm suit (esp. if you get it skin in) is perfectly adequate (I've used such in the high arctic with no problem) and IMHO it takes much less "argument" than does a dry suit and underwear. A 5'2" woman should not have to wear a short tonne of lead, even with Rubatex 231, 14 to 16 lbs should suffice.

We have a NEW never used Bare dry suit that we ordered for a cutomer that is too small if you are interested, please contact me at Peggy@goscuba.net.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom