Peterbuilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aftemarket! This is life support gear man, how can you consider such a thing! :11:

Please tell me your kidding. This is the kind of BS thats causing the problem. I can buy brake parts for my SUV but I can't but simple plastic disk for my reg due to "liability" issues, please. Orings, teflon disk and silicon diaphrams are not rocket science or difficult to make. Neither is reg repair. This is purely a protection racket. And for what it's worth, many aftermarket parts are better than the original.

Seats and bushings are the issues. Scubatools would do well to sell high quality o-rings in common sizes in small quantities. There are lots of other places, though.

Please tell me your kidding. This is the kind of BS thats causing the problem. I can buy brake parts for my SUV but I can't but simple plastic disk for my reg due to "liability" issues, please. Orings, teflon disk and silicon diaphrams are not rocket science or difficult to make. Neither is reg repair. This is purely a protection racket. And for what it's worth, many aftermarket parts are better than the original.

If the tounge in cheek nature of my post did not make it clear then I will state that yes Herman, I was kidding.

Heck, my double hose regulator is more after market than OEM. On top of that it has capability way beyond factory issue.

Pete

I did't know I would start a flurry. In any case you are all correct, this is not rocket science. I am very tempted to look for suppliers and begin making up after market service kits for Scubapro regs and selling them on e-bay and these fine forums. I do think a course in regulator repair is a good idea before tearing into a regulator.

I have most of the tools needed to operate a regulator repair shop, so I am really happy that Scubatools is coming back. I need to complete my tool kit.

Thought so but if for no other reason just to make it clear to others who are less reg savvy I had to ask.....pun intended :)

Phoenix, silicon diaphram/hoses/exhaust valves....my DA is no where near original either and many of my vintage seconds have home made LP seats.

Dennis, add Aqualung and Sherwood to your list. Considering most of the internal parts don't need to be changed a simple Oring kit and filter would be all you really need most of the time.

Don't know if this helps you or anyone else on this thread, but I am authorized to sell Promate Service kits outright. The Promate regs come from the same plant as Oxycheq, Diverite, TDL, and Tilos. Probably many others! I'll be adding them to the store shortly. In the mean time PM me if you are interested and this helps you out.

Gary

I poked around a little looking for a manual, parts breakdown or at least a drawing of the internals of the Promate line. Any idea where I might find one?

Seats and bushings are the issues. Scubatools would do well to sell high quality o-rings in common sizes in small quantities. There are lots of other places, though.
That's a good idea - along with selling o-ring kits matched to specific regulators.

That's a good idea - along with selling o-ring kits matched to specific regulators.

Throw in a snap ring/star washer, filter and a LP seat....where do I send the money.

So, where are you in NC? I am wondering if I know you...
edit: I see your area code is 336. That puts you in the Greensboro, NC area. Is this the new owner or is that where ScubaTools was originally located?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom